1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best place to buy shoe trees?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flambeur, Mar 21, 2008.

1. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

FWIW, the Bass outlet stores sell trees two for $30. I don't know their quality though, I've never tried them.

2. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

I get them from Wallmart for $7, and the plastic ones are $3.

3. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

amazon has the woodlore ultras and combinations for $5-10 cheaper than the cedarville store.

4. Amar ezzahi

Amar ezzahi Senior member

Try TM Lewin, beautiful shoetrees for £ 13,5.

[​IMG]

5. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I've bought online from Bexley. If you buy multiple pairs, the cost starts to come down nicely.

7. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

bump. I am looking for shoe trees too. I bought a pair from the Johnston & Murphy store here at the local mall here for $26. I need to find a better deal online for my 2nd pair of nice shoes. I have the split ones, which I think work best since they can be used as one-size fits all kinda deal? How long does shipping normally take if i order one from ebay?

8. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Active Member

I've been buying Woodlore products and I'm happy with them. I've got a local retailer here I buy from. I even bought one of those shoe valet boxes to store my products and to polish my shoes on.

9. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

Does anyone know dealers in the US that carries shoe tree by specific sizes?

I am kinda in an awkward position where my shoe size (10 to 10.5 US) falls right in between Large and Medium. [​IMG]

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I get mine from Johnston & Murphy at 2 for $45.

They seem to be on sale perpetually at this price for I've purchased them now for several years. I picked up two yesterday and the salesman noted that the only purchases I've made from them over the last couple of years has been shoe trees.

11. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

I get mine from Johnston & Murphy at 2 for $45.

They seem to be on sale perpetually at this price for I've purchased them now for several years. I picked up two yesterday and the salesman noted that the only purchases I've made from them over the last couple of years has been shoe trees.

Haha. Nice. I am going to find out if they have a sale going at the local store here. What do you think about the quality of these trees? This was my first pair of trees, so I just bought what was available at the moment.

12. ymc226

ymc226 Member

I got the Woodmere Epic and they seem nice. I also got some Vogels and they are made in various sizes. They appear higher quality and I use them for my Alden shells.

Here is a link: http://www.vogelboots.com/product_de...ategory_idno=6

Do you think $55 is reasonable. They are varnished and look great.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Haha. Nice. I am going to find out if they have a sale going at the local store here. What do you think about the quality of these trees? This was my first pair of trees, so I just bought what was available at the moment.
    I've bought dozens of J&M shoe trees over the years. I've never had a problem with them.