Best place to buy R.M. Williams

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Marbles29, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

What is the cheapest place to buy R.M. Williams? I'm a stone's throw from the Manhattan store, but they charge upwards of 400 for yearling. I'm sure there's a website that offers great deals. Forgive me if this has been discussed - I consulted the official thread, but it is quite large and much of what is said regarding prices may be dated. Thanks!

2. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

3. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

4. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

Please show some courtesy towards our fellow forum member. He wishes to know the best place to purchase the boots and asked politely for advice.

I would warmly recommend the following site:

ahume.co.uk

5. Tremont 974

Tremont 974 Member

What is the cheapest place to buy R.M. Williams? I'm a stone's throw from the Manhattan store, but they charge upwards of 400 for yearling. I'm sure there's a website that offers great deals. Forgive me if this has been discussed - I consulted the official thread, but it is quite large and much of what is said regarding prices may be dated. Thanks!

I ordered my RM Williams Comfort Craftsman from Aussie Bush Hats and had a good experience. www.aussiebushhats.com.au/

6. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

I bought mine from Australian Fair in San Francisco when I was on vacation. Small store, but I had a good experience and they gave me 10% off too. They carry yearling, and also have swatches of the 10-20 other custom orders you can place with them if you don't mind waiting 3-5 months.

http://www.australiafairinc.com/

7. rammie

rammie Well-Known Member

8. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

9. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

Thank you all for the help!

10. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Ok, my apologies, but in my defense, that search pulled up both recommended sites at the top of the page.

Please show some courtesy towards our fellow forum member. He wishes to know the best place to purchase the boots and asked politely for advice.

I would warmly recommend the following site:

ahume.co.uk

11. Sixth_Sense

Sixth_Sense Senior member

http://www.nungar.com.au is the cheapest, thats where i bought mine. even less than bootsonline.

From what I can tell the cheapest go in the order of:

1. Nungar
    2. AussieBushHats
    3. Bootsonline.

I was tempted to order from nungar but lately I have been hearing that people have had problems with the service (i.e. prompt responses to inquiries and et.)

I've heard great things about bootsoline, but its the most expensive (I'm buying Macquaries).

I think I'm going to order from Aussieboots given this.

12. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

Steve who runs nungar is primarialy a farmer and that takes up most of his time. the clothing thing is a side project. I guess if you want to save a little more it requires a little bit more paitence. thems the breaks i guess.

13. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I've gone with bootsonline in the past, and would again, b/c for Craftsman and CC it's only a few more dollars and the service (both pre and post purchase) is much better

14. EssPi

EssPi New Member

Well, I'm on to my sixth pair. I wear them every single day. I have work boots, black and chestnut kangaroo riding boots... LOL, not for riding kangaroos! :) RM Williams just put their recommended retail price up to $495. I buy mine from http://www.nungar.com.au/catalog. They sell them for $365.00 plus well priced postage, I think around $15 to anywhere in Australia. I've heard that they will post worldwide, too.
    I've just looked up their direct link to RM Williams boots. It is http://www.nungar.com.au/catalog/index.php/cPath/48_415.
    Nungar's pricing is awesome and they are good to deal with. Check them out.