• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best place to buy a navy grenadine tie?

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you're still looking for a grenadine tie: I can also recommend Elizabetta (https://elizabetta.net), who sells excellent lined grenadine ties (including multiple shades of navy blue ones). They are lined with wool and tipped with silk. Shibumi's are also nice but are unlined. I guess it's a question of taste what you prefer :).
I ordered two from Kent Wang and am thoroughly satisfied.
I saw the brand you post of but always a bit skeptical of Amazon brands.

Reaction score
I ordered two from Kent Wang and am thoroughly satisfied.
I saw the brand you post of but always a bit skeptical of Amazon brands.
Ok, good to know you're satisfied! Just so you know though, they may also sell on Amazon like many small brands, I'm not sure. But it is definitely a family-run brand with their own website which I have ordered from.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, good to know you're satisfied! Just so you know though, they may also sell on Amazon like many small brands, I'm not sure. But it is definitely a family-run brand with their own website which I have ordered from.
Are you a member of the family? Curious because you just joined minutes ago and your only post is promoting this brand.

SumDude

Reaction score
What about Charles Tyrwhitt? They seem to be offering a lower price if you buy two or more.

Reaction score
What about Charles Tyrwhitt? They seem to be offering a lower price if you buy two or more.
Good question. I only know them as a shirt brand, which I think is what they're most known for. Their grenadines look nice in the photos, but are suspiciously inexpensive so not sure. The discount if you buy two or more is cool, for sure.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you're still looking for a grenadine tie: I can also recommend Elizabetta (https://elizabetta.net), who sells excellent lined grenadine ties (including multiple shades of navy blue ones). They are lined with wool and tipped with silk. Shibumi's are also nice but are unlined. I guess it's a question of taste what you prefer :).
Those Elizabetta ties look quite nice, but this is exactly the kind of situation I was talking about in my earlier post. I just can't come up with a good reason to pay $130 to try one of these, when I can get a custom-made grenadine from Hober, made to whatever measurements I specify, for $95 (maybe $5-10 more if you want to pick different lining and thread). I don't know what I'd be chasing after.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent Wang does have good stuff and many members here say good things.
I ordered a navy and burgundy grenadine from Kent Wang and they were very nice.
$75 each plus $5 delivery. Had them within 3 days.
Sam Hober definitely has more to choose from. But as few times as I wear a tie it didn't seem
like paying $90 (without any extra's) + $22 shipping was proper.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Wang and Chipp are good options for quicker, somewhat less expensive grenadines than Hober. I have a few Chipp grenadines and am happy with the quality for $60. But, of course, you do not get any customization options.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Brunati Como? They have 30% off over Easter so tempting to try at the moment.

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Brunati Como? They have 30% off over Easter so tempting to try at the moment.
Brunati Como's ties are very nice and good quality. Again, it's a question of taste whether you prefer tipped or untipped. Brunati's are all untipped as far as I know.

Jaggery

Reaction score
Those Elizabetta ties look quite nice, but this is exactly the kind of situation I was talking about in my earlier post. I just can't come up with a good reason to pay $130 to try one of these, when I can get a custom-made grenadine from Hober, made to whatever measurements I specify, for $95 (maybe $5-10 more if you want to pick different lining and thread). I don't know what I'd be chasing after.

The Elizabetta grenadine grossa ties I've handled had a substantial, even luxuriant, feel; knotted nicely; and were easily accessible in North America. No complaints here about the product. However, it appears that full retail price has climbed from the $80 range during the past 5-6 years. Since I don't wear ties regularly, I haven't been following this "market" keenly, but perhaps the brand's pricing has outpaced the alternatives.

Last edited:

VegasRebel

Reaction score
I just made a purchase from: https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/shop/accessories/ties I decided to give them a try. If you purchase three or more ties you can get a discount. One of the ties I got was a navy grenadine tie. Waiting for my order to arrive : )

Have you received your order and, if so, what do you think about your ties? GG was one of my entry points into CM and, while his products are more expensive than other products people seem to agree are high quality, I wouldn't mind sending some business his way since he doesn't overly advertise his Patreon or anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads