• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best pizza in NYC?

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StephenHero - thanks for the insight.

When I visited NYC last time, was planning to go to Lucali but missed it somehow. I did go to John's on Bleeker Street, Di Fara and Keste. John's was quite good - I had a simple cheese pizza which was really good: decent crust, decent sauce, decent cheese. Di Fara was ok but my expectations were so high that I was, honestly speaking, a little disappointed. I had anticipated something out of this world. Keste was typical Naples pizza - not typical NYC pizza. I get that stuff in Italy all the time.

Has anyone been to Paulie Gee's? Have read a lot of good things about that place. Pizzas on the pictures look beautiful too.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Yeah. Paulie Gee's is really great too. I've only been once about two years ago, and I remember getting a fairly exotic pizza, but I really liked it. It might be my favorite interior setting of all the pizzerias. It's very similar to Speedy Romeo. They've done a great job with it.

I also forgot to mention Pomodoro in Nolita for a slice. It's really laid back in a not-give-a-**** way, and has great tomato and vodka slices.

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Gotta check these places out when I go to NYC in May. Cheers.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I've been going hard on pizza lately (almost twice a week at all the notable pie parlors), and just want to reiterate that Lucali is the best, bar none. Nothing touches it. This guy is the Caravaggio of pizza.

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to Lombardi's and I wasn't impressed. Granted I haven't explored the pizza in NYC but for me the best pizza I had is Arturo's in Maplewood, NJ.

gopherblue

Reaction score
Haven't read thru the whole thread, so I might be repeating others' recommendations, but come on out to Brooklyn!

In no particular order:

Frannys
Giuseppinas
Best Pizza

And in the East Village:

Motorino

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed Lucali twice in a row while being in NYC. And I was staying in Brooklyn! What a shame. During the 2nd part of my trip I lived right next to Motorino. I liked it but still prefer Keste when it comes to vera pizza Napoletana. Another good pizzeria I discovered in East Village is called Numero 28. They make those huge (1 meter) pizzas in a brick oven, nice thin crust and fresh toppings. The place is run by Italians so they know their job well. Grimaldi's was good but not great. Oh yes, and a slice from Artichoke Basil was truly amazing. New Yorkers are so lucky to have so many great pizzerias and new ones keep opening all the time. I envy you guys
smile.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
just tried Roberta's. Pretty awesome. Danger zone since I live pretty close by.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I went to Motorino last week and it was just awful. I got a mushroom pizza with a waterlogged crust. The gal pal had a margherita, but it was only decent.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

^ Weirdly reminds me of pB

I see it as the opposite, at least in certain ways. pB is all about the social exploration as demonstrated by his "what's the deal with..." threads. This guy just doesn't give a ****.

Booth and I were actually talking about it last weekend, how ****** it must feel like to be stabbed. He is clearly anti-stabbing. This Lucali guy, once again, didn't give a ****.

Last edited:

bradp

Reaction score
^^bell the image didn't show up for me, but you must be talking about joe's (which is what I was about to say)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads