• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best pair of driving moc's you've owned?

Chimes

Reaction score
I've been through two pair of drving moc's in the past 6 months. In both pairs the bottom of the shoe has worn out to the point where it is shocking to look at. It's not like i wear them that often - I guess they were just made cheaply. The shoes in question are a pair of Kenneth Cole's and a pair of Land's End.

So,

What the best pair of Driving Moc's you've owned and can reccomend?

mark34

Reaction score
I bought 2 pairs of the Geox driving moc's and I have to say they look great and they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. They list for 120.00, you should really take a look at them.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have a pair of Timberland driving mocs I bought at Marshall's years ago that are still plugging along. Not high end, but quite serviceable.

Leo Jay

Reaction score
I've been through two pair of drving moc's in the past 6 months.  In both pairs the bottom of the shoe has worn out to the point where it is shocking to look at.  It's not like i wear them that often - I guess they were just made cheaply.  The shoes in question are a pair of Kenneth Cole's and a pair of Land's End.

So,

What the best pair of Driving Moc's you've owned and can reccomend?
You're sending the LE's back, right? They live by their unconditional guarantee...

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt the Martello from Cole Haan, softest most supple leather I have ever seen in a driver, leather lined as well, and I like the way the nubbed sole feels on the foot. Great shoe for casual wear.

stache

Reaction score
I find that you can't really expect the little nib sole to hold up to any kind of pavement walking as it wears out so quickly.
frown.gif

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moreschi. They're comparable in price to Ferragamo and Tod's, but they blow both out of the water.

Chimes

Reaction score
i gave up on this thread after no replies in a few days - and now 30 days later its back
biggrin.gif
thanks for resurrecting it gents. and many thanks to all the suggestions.

ROT

Reaction score
My Tod's are most comfortable and I have two pairs of Martinelli's I bought 6 years ago in Marbella that finally gave up the ghost. My Land's End are fairly sturdy, as are my Polo. (Can you tell I love these shoes?)

I'm thinking of having a thin, clear rubber "soul" put over my blown out pairs much like you can have done for your Belgian Shoes. Since none of them is made to last long (or for walking for that matter), it's sort of cheating... but who wants to drop a few hundred on replacement shoes over a couple of years?

A suggestion came to me by way of a local clothier. When his wear out, he uses them as house slippers. That's style.

Chris

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rubber nubs on driving mocs are really not made to last very long if you do a lot of walking on pavement.

That said, I have a pair of Cole Hahn driving mocs whose sole has lasted quite well.  Unlike the Lands End models,  (which I love because they come in wide widths) the Cole Hahn mocs have a more substantial sole as opposed to rubber dots.  If sole longevity is important, I would recommend staying away from the rubber dot soles, and going with more substantial full rubber soles.  Trask makes such a shoe as well as a number of other companies, such as Timberland. The thinner soles will typically give you better feel for driving, while the thicker soles will last longer for walking. As with many things, it's a trade-off.

gieves&hawkes

Reaction score
I would have to say that the most comfortable pair of driving mocs that I have ever owned is a pair of Tod's.  Although, I did enjoy wearing my Kenneth Coles, they were not as comfortable for as long.  A lot of it depends on how much money you are willing to put down when spring for a pair.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want all of the above, including price, comfort, durability and quality, look at the new Timberland Smart Driving Moc, is incredilble for for what is under $125....really comfortable, the new smart technology Timberland has incorporated into their shoes pays dividends when you walk a lot and your foot sweels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads