• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best OTR Shirt for Comparison while doing HK/Bangkok MTM

eotm

Reaction score
I'll be taking an Asia trip soon where I'm planning to get some shirts made, and wanted to take along a nice shirt for comparison purposes. Most of my current wardrobe is Brooks Brothers with a few Thomas Pinks, and most of the point of this exercise is to get away from that. I'm 5'11" and wear a 14.5/15 neck with the 33/34 sleeve, am about halfway between a slim or extra slim/tailored fit from the aforementioned manufacturers.

I'm look for a $100-150 comparison OTR shirt to model for ~5-10 $40-50 Asian (likely Jantzen or Peter Lee, maybe AC) shirts. I've heard H&K is good but there is no NYC store, I'd prefer to go in an pick out a shirt if I can to get a good fit.

Last edited:

EricE.

Reaction score
go to peterlee.

i have been there and paid 280 HKD for a shirt made from their own material (which is quite limited, but the basics are there) he adds MOP buttons for an extra of 80HKD i think and he makes a great collar (just be precise in what you want and ask for a soft collar)

I dont know about other tailors in HK but would STRONGLY advise against thailand tailors. I have tried some it and was really dissapointing, even though prices were a bit above Peter Lee.

All the best and wish you a great trip!

EricE.

Reaction score
btw. once Peter has your measurements you can order via email and he sends everything to your home address

eotm

Reaction score
will check out peter lee. are his own materials just boring or actually inferior quality? I'm thinking like 3 whites, 3 blues, 3 patterns so boring is fine, but they need to last and look good all day.

do you need to give peter lee a model shirt (if so what do you recommend)? or is he pretty good t interpreting your wants? also, this is a pet peeve of mine, will the strips line up properly on the shoulders if I get a striped material?

finally, when you went there, did you get the MOP buttons and have they lasted? do you launder your shirts or get them cleaned?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads