• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best OTC Socks

Young Pro

Reaction score
My favourite OTC socks used to be from Howard Yount - good quality, nice patterns and very good value. I also once found a treasure trove of Robert Talbott ones for $6 at a Nordstrom Rack.

With those options exhausted, what are everyone's favourite brands/sources for OTC dress socks - both plain and in more colourful patterns? I have a few Marcoliani ones that I quite like, but find it difficult to get the OTC ones (at least here in Toronto).

Thanks!

idnfl

Reaction score
Marcoliani and mes chasseures et rouge

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Brescani from Berg&Berg and Palatino Rome from Olof1982 online shop

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Curious to find out whats out there for interesting patterned socks, not wild like hot pink but tasteful haha... especially if they are merino wool.

How do you all feel about combed cotton?

TOBestWR

Reaction score
I wear only Viccel socks and I'm super happy. They been holding well after 2 years of wear.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pantherella have been holding up well after 4 yrs of wear - can’t complain!!

omgitswes

Reaction score
Pantherella have been holding up well after 4 yrs of wear - can’t complain!!

The majority of my socks are Pantherella and about half of them have holes near the top now. No idea how it happened, don't even remember when it happens. I just notice them once I put them on

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The majority of my socks are Pantherella and about half of them have holes near the top now. No idea how it happened, don't even remember when it happens. I just notice them once I put them on

That's why I stopped buying them

Spex

Reaction score
I'm also in Toronto and have found it difficult to find a decent selection of OTC socks at a good price in any store. Therefore Viccel also gets my vote. Their socks are cotton, but you can buy them by shoe size and in different weights (I have all my basic sock colours in both winter and summer weight).

Just a warning about Viccel socks - I have their mid grey and light grey socks and find that they have a certain blueish or greenish tinge to them. I also wish they offered more patterned socks, such as subtle stripes or dots. They have some, but not all that much, for my liking. Otherwise they are great and I have been a customer for a couple of years now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads