• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best or most versatile leather jacket color?

tommboy

Reaction score
What is the most versatile/ best leather jacket color I can buy, that will go with both black and brown belt combinations??

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say gray. It goes with everything.

horton

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about your matching your belt. Get the cut and color that looks best on you. Everything else will fall into place.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
Yes.
IMO the most expensive item takes precedence; get the jacket you like best. You can get a Tanner belt to match whatever color you choose that costs $70, lasts forever and looks better with age.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey leather jackets look very off on like 90% of the one's I've seen, usually doesn't work.

Best answer is get both black and brown, they have different "feel" to them. If you're stuck on one jacket get a richer burgundy.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black can go nicely with dark brown, Navy will go best with both of these colours but isn't very traditional. As horton said, I wouldn't worry too much about matching your belt, if anything the belt should match the jacket, you don't buy a ford just to match the ford seat covers you got from your friend.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dark brown

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite color for leather is a rich/dark burgundy - you can wear it with black or brown, looks great with just about everything. I've wanted a burgundy leather jacket for a while now but haven't found the right one.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
My favorite color for leather is a rich/dark burgundy - you can wear it with black or brown, looks great with just about everything. I've wanted a burgundy leather jacket for a while now but haven't found the right one.

yea, the perfect burgundy leather jacket is a grail item. The closest I found is the D&G one I got last year that is a dark brown with heavy burgundy caste to it so in some light it looks more brown, some light it looks more red. No obnoxious D&G branding either, very simple and minimal

mikejones

Reaction score
Those looking for a great burgundy/cordovan leather jacket should check out Aero:

www.aeroleatherclothing.com

They have many different styles and are very flexible to work with, just great people. The only issue right now is that the whole planet plus Mars is ordering from them to take advantage of the weak british pound, so they are a bit backed up. I myself have an order for a brown FQHH Highwayman expected sometime in June(!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads