Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best or most versatile leather jacket color?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tommboy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. tommboy

tommboy Senior member

What is the most versatile/ best leather jacket color I can buy, that will go with both black and brown belt combinations??

2. onion

onion Senior member

I would say gray. It goes with everything.

3. horton

horton Senior member

I wouldn't worry about your matching your belt. Get the cut and color that looks best on you. Everything else will fall into place.

4. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

^^
    Yes.
    IMO the most expensive item takes precedence; get the jacket you like best. You can get a Tanner belt to match whatever color you choose that costs $70, lasts forever and looks better with age.

5. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Grey leather jackets look very off on like 90% of the one's I've seen, usually doesn't work.

Best answer is get both black and brown, they have different "feel" to them. If you're stuck on one jacket get a richer burgundy.

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Black can go nicely with dark brown, Navy will go best with both of these colours but isn't very traditional. As horton said, I wouldn't worry too much about matching your belt, if anything the belt should match the jacket, you don't buy a ford just to match the ford seat covers you got from your friend.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dark brown

8. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

My favorite color for leather is a rich/dark burgundy - you can wear it with black or brown, looks great with just about everything. I've wanted a burgundy leather jacket for a while now but haven't found the right one.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

My favorite color for leather is a rich/dark burgundy - you can wear it with black or brown, looks great with just about everything. I've wanted a burgundy leather jacket for a while now but haven't found the right one.

yea, the perfect burgundy leather jacket is a grail item. The closest I found is the D&G one I got last year that is a dark brown with heavy burgundy caste to it so in some light it looks more brown, some light it looks more red. No obnoxious D&G branding either, very simple and minimal

10. mikejones

mikejones Senior member

Those looking for a great burgundy/cordovan leather jacket should check out Aero:

www.aeroleatherclothing.com

They have many different styles and are very flexible to work with, just great people. The only issue right now is that the whole planet plus Mars is ordering from them to take advantage of the weak british pound, so they are a bit backed up. I myself have an order for a brown FQHH Highwayman expected sometime in June(!).