• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best online brokers

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to opening my first online acount so i can begin buying some bonds and stocks and what not. I was wondering who you guys use or suggest to use? I'm looking at using ameritrade right now, but am looking at the following because i don't have a lot of money and am still learning about stocks.

1) Minimum to open account (I only have $500 now seems like most are $1000 but don't want to wait till the end of the month and not spend any of my paychecks.

2) Price to trade

3) ease of use.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I use Charles Schwab, which I find to be quite user friendly.  The prices are on the expensive side however, so you might want to look at using E-trade. Of course the prices that each charge can vary based on how often you trade.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've used Scottrade in the past. They had the cheapest commissions at the time (don't know now) and a low minimum. Their system is probably not as advanced as the bigger ones, but it worked fine for me. Plus they are local, so I could just bring in a check to the office and get started right away.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.