• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best one wash jeans..

chicagobull

Reaction score
I was reading in these forums about "one wash" jeans as an alternative to raw, and I was wondering which jeans to get in a forgiving cut. Suggestions?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chicagobull
I was reading in these forums about "one wash" jeans as an alternative to raw, and I was wondering which jeans to get in a forgiving cut. Suggestions?

almost all the japanese brands offer one wash as well as raw....so any of those are good

nairb49

Reaction score
Can you clarify "Forgiving" cut?

I'd recommend eternal 811, but they're on the classic, maybe even slimmish, scale...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One wash simply means just that, washed once. You can do that with any raw pair of jeans. How's that for customizing?

dk7m

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
almost all the japanese brands offer one wash as well as raw....so any of those are good

When I was at Japan last week, pretty much all the Sugar Canes I came across were one wash at least except for a pair of 1955 zipper fly repros

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag and Bone is one wash, IIRC. I thought that some of the Earnest Sewns were as well. Actually, if you look at their site, Nudie is going to have the Straight Sven in something called "One Wash" for the fall season.

scoon0224

Reaction score
I'd ahve to say that 'one wash' in their case is a bogus name.

Saw teh pics. There is definite processing on the legs.

'the naked truth' is exposed as LIES... but seriously I'd expect Nudie to at least be AUTHENTIC when naming something like that. The dry and selvage models are accurately named.

EDIT: just realized maybe it's supposed to be like a worn pair of raws after their first wash

Brian SD

Reaction score
DIT: just realized maybe it's supposed to be like a worn pair of raws after their first wash
Yep.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads