• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best natural deodorants

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Tom's of Maine didn't work, I tried unscented, sensitive skin, and scented. Noticed the same problem you mentioned.

It works ok for me, and I work 12+ hr shifts. It's close to the same as any other drugstore brand for me

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newer Old Spice don't have Aluminum, go try it

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for Arm and Hammer. Just grabbed some Tom's of Maine, I'll give that a shot too.

pistolero

Reaction score
Herbal Clear is the only one that's worked well for me:

213SyD05lXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pros: cheap, smells good, and lasts fairly long (even with three weeks of 100+ degree weather). Cons: not as effective IMO as Arm & Hammer or "normal" antiperspirants, but it's worked well enough for me.

I've tried Tom's of Maine (which didn't mask BO and gave me an instant rash) and Arm & Hammer Essentials, which I actually really liked but also caused itchiness and skin irritation. It was quite effective though so I suffered through 3 sticks before I decided I couldn't take the itching anymore. No problems since switching to Herbal Clear.

pita bread

Reaction score
Malin + Goetz eucalyptus deodorant works like a dream, and it's pretty much odorless after you put it on.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
FYI this has triclosan in it

really? dammit. well, it doesn't have aluminum, it doesn't stain my shirts and it works.

tom's is worthless for me and so is the salt stick at least for my arm pits. the salt deodorant spray is really good for the rest of your body though.

back to the drawing board...

that_was_easy

Reaction score
Herbal Clear! First found it on clearance at Longs just before they rebranded to CVS, at which point they seemed to stop carrying it. I'd forgotten the name until now, but now I will by deoderant on Amazon as I do with detergent and office chairs.

dv_indian

Reaction score
I use Tom's of Maine roll on deodorant. I don't know how natural it is but I feel better about using it instead of the usual antiperspirant sticks sold at stores.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Has anyone had luck with Tom's of Maine? I bought one once but the scent actually smelled more like B.O. than my armpits. I think I may have just picked the wrong scent.

I recently tried it. It smelled great (I think you and I ended up with different scents), but started leaving rashes about a week in. This is apparently a pretty common problem.

musick

Reaction score
Caveat: depends alot on your diet and/or personal body chemistry, but E.V. coconut oil is tops in my experience. A little goes a long way.

Wont stop you from sweating, but odors are nill IME.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads