• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best natural deodorants

the_state

Reaction score
I'm looking to get off that aluminum and onto something that will a: not give me cancer, and b: not stain my shirts.

What natural deodorants/antiperspirants are out there that won't leave my smelling like gym socks and keep my pits somewhat dry? What do you use?

Feel free to share your thoughts, findings, triumphs and disappointments here.

bmf895

Reaction score
I've tried many. Most have failed to keep odor at bay like the antipersperents with aluminum do. But who wants yellow pit stains and dry irritated skin?? Plus, I hear cancer sucks too. My current favorite "natural" routine is to apply Crystal spray on CLEAN skin, let dry and then apply J.R Watkins Green Tea & Aloe deodorant. This keeps me stain, irritation & odor free for 24 hours. Rinse and repeat.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmf895
J.R Watkins Green Tea & Aloe deodorant.

Watch out for Triclosan.

I've recently started using Herbal Clear, it works great. If you need more, use Crystal before the Herbal Clear.

Jpreme87

Reaction score
The Crystal.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who wear "natural" deodorant tend to be the people on subways/public transportation that make you want to kill yourself if you're standing next to their raised arm.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
People who wear "natural" deodorant tend to be the people on subways/public transportation that make you want to kill yourself if you're standing next to their raised arm.

"Hilarious" how oblivious they are to it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I'd rather have the BO hippie than the club guy who smells like a ******* pine tree because he doused himself with cologne.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with Tom's of Maine? I bought one once but the scent actually smelled more like B.O. than my armpits. I think I may have just picked the wrong scent.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom's of Maine didn't work, I tried unscented, sensitive skin, and scented. Noticed the same problem you mentioned.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
People who wear "natural" deodorant tend to be the people with allergies or just plain aversions to the toxic crap they put in most deodorants and antiperspirants.
FTFY

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too often natural products have a reputation for not being as effective but many "unnatural" chemicals/products are designed to mimic them. The naturals just sometimes tend to be more costly.

stormin10

Reaction score
I have had Tom's of maine and i used to have a jack black deoderant but i recently bought the Eucalyptus roll on from Malin and Goetz, and i really like it, it seems to hold up well in the heat here in OK

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
I'm looking to get off that aluminum and onto something that will a: not give me cancer.

ffffuuuu.gif

theoldadage

Reaction score
Dermalogica all the way. Doesnt irritate a sensitive area and really does work.

C

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads