• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best movie you've seen recently?

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw '28 Weeks Later' last weekend, and found it just a bit too gory and disturbing for me. A man consumes his family. Yum. Anyway, I'm just getting old and crotchety, and have too many friends with kids now; it was a well-done film.

I'm heading to see 'The Lives of Others.' That makes two more flics than I've seen ther rest of the year.

Anyway, as a former college moviephile, I'm curious what other members are watching and liking.

And if you're worried about dumb factor, I'm planning on checking out 'Knocked up' sometime soon, and I guess if I can find Spidey on iMax in the city...

So let 'er rip: whaddaya got?

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? No one goes to films anymore, or they're just all a bunch of crap?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched Alpha Dog on DVD. Surprisingly good movie with a very tragic ending.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Are we talking mostly current movies, or just whatever movies that may be on DVD?

Recently, the best I've seen in theaters was 300. Mindless, masculine fun.

On DVD, I just can't stop watching Fight Club. Maybe it's Brad Pitt being so damn cool, or maybe it's because I'm disgusted with the male society right now--I'm not quite sure. I must've watched it three times in the last month, each time I pick up on more and more. Hell, I'm reading the book now as well.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Pan's Labyrinth just came out on DVD

Also went back and re-watched Ghost Dog. That's an awesome movie.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
Recently, the best I've seen in theaters was 300. Mindless, masculine fun.

On DVD, I just can't stop watching Fight Club...maybe it's because I'm disgusted with the male society right now--I'm not quite sure.

confused.gif

Just saw 'The Lives of Others.' Great flic, exceptionally well done. And the Stasi agents' suit stylings were stylish in a very subtle and understated way. Some skinny ties, heavy grey wools, even a ventless jacket.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im going to see Knocked Up tommorow hopefully. I heard it was great.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I finally saw "An INcovenient truth" a few weeks back. It was good

This year PAn's Labryinth did it for me

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched Letters from Iwo Jima the other day. Good flick with a good flow. Helps to have a room you can turn it up and watch on a big screen though.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knocked Up lives up to all the hype. Best movie of the year, best comedy in years.

Walter

Reaction score
"The lives of others". Best movie of the year, by far.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Knocked Up lives up to all the hype. Best movie of the year, best comedy in years.

Great to know. Think that's next on my list.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of movies recently, but none of them have really stuck. I'd say Pans Labyrinth, and Letters From Iwo Jima, but I saw those back in December.

*edit*

And Notes On a Scandal.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm totally jaded, the last three movies I've rented (Little Miss Sunshine, Little Children and Babel) have been insidiously crappy. On the other hand, the last two films I saw at the theater (Last King of Scotland and God Grew Tired of Us) were excellent.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last winter: Notes on a Scandal. I think Judi Dench deserved an Oscar, for her vivid performance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads