• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best, most prestigious school in the world?

Napoleon

Reaction score
A school assignment. We have to do research about a school and I thought, why not choose the best of them all?

Oxford or Harvard yes. But is there any private schools maybe?

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Napoleon
Oxford or Harvard yes. But is there any private schools maybe?

Harvard is private. Most famous American schools are (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Columbia, Et Cetera).

I don't know what the outlines of your assignment are, but I might pick something like a military academy (all nations have them, in the US they are West Point for Army, Annapolis for Navy, Colorado Springs for Air Force) or something experimental like Deep Springs (www.deepsprings.edu) or St. Johns (http://www.sjca.edu/).

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Incredible threak.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Yalies are getting riled up now.
lurker[1].gif

chas

Reaction score
You could go back and forth forever on what the best school in the world is. I would focus on something interesting that you can get your arms around. Like the Colorado School of Mines or the Thunderbird School of Global Management. Both good schools and both very specific in focus.

Napoleon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chas
You could go back and forth forever on what the best school in the world is. I would focus on something interesting that you can get your arms around. Like the Colorado School of Mines or the Thunderbird School of Global Management. Both good schools and both very specific in focus.

The headline says what I'm asking for. I want to write about a famous and very good school. So here you all can post your suggestions and then I'll choose one that I'll write about. And it's probably fun reading for you others(?).

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might get more serious replies if you had a less obnoxious signature.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or if you weren't a reincarnation of TheApple.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teh Skool of Hard Knocks - Suburban Campus

Duh

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
University of Phoenix. I base this on the fact they are the most profitable, which must mean they are the best.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have reliable information from a message board frequented by many graduates of distinguished universities that it's actually somewhere in Ohio and reknown for it's football team.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads