• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best MOP buttons from online MTM

david123

Reaction score
For people who have tried the various online MTM services, which ones have really good mother of pearl buttons? Having seen the amazing buttons on a few of the nicer Italian brands, I'm unsatisfied with what I have now. Is there any online MTM service that lets you supply your own buttons?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Not that I know of, but you can always swap out the buttons after.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MyTailor will, but they have nice MOP buttons already.

david123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
MyTailor will, but they have nice MOP buttons already.

Wow, that's great to hear that they let you supply their own. I'm meeting one of their tailors in 4 days and will check out the ones they offer too. Thanks for the response!

sellahi22

Reaction score
MyTailor will put 4mm Borrelli MOP buttons on your shirt for an additional $12. My button cuff shirts have 8 front buttons, 4 on the cuffs, and 2 gauntlet buttons, so $12 is quite a good deal. Personally though I am happy with their standard MOP buttons, which are reasonably thick.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
Wow, that's great to hear that they let you supply their own. I'm meeting one of their tailors in 4 days and will check out the ones they offer too. Thanks for the response!

If they say anything, just email Joe. He will oblige. I know for sure there are 2 diff types. One is standard, works pretty well. The other is the 4mm MOP.

Originally Posted by sellahi22
MyTailor will put 4mm Borrelli MOP buttons on your shirt for an additional $12. My button cuff shirts have 8 front buttons, 4 on the cuffs, and 2 gauntlet buttons, so $12 is quite a good deal. Personally though I am happy with their standard MOP buttons, which are reasonably thick.

Great deal actually. If you supplied your own it would be more expensive. Not sure if these are Australian MOP.

david123

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like a fantastic deal. Thanks all for the information! I'm going to give them a try this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads