• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*BEST* Moisturizers for Skin with OCCASIONAL black/whiteheads?

CaliStyle

Reaction score
every week or so i will struggle with the occasional blackhead/whitehead
other than this minor flaw, my complexion is pretty much flawless.
if i back away from the mirror a little bit my skin looks perfect
but up close u can see one or two bumps dark spots each week and everytime one spot is about to fade ANOTHER pops up.

I dont know if its because of the moisturizer i use or what ive used like 1000000 different ones. ive tried acne treatments and it made my complexion even worse. so i cant use things with bha /aha or benzoyl peroxide that is made for "acne" skin.

i suspect its my moisturizer because i remember when i was younger and didnt use any moisturizer i didnt have any breakouts. plus when i stop using a moisturizer i dont have any breakouts. (but this makes my skin very dry and flakey) so i MUST use a moisturizer lol.

out of all the ones ive used from high end to low end none of them are problem free for me.

anyone have any recomendations that mightve had the same problem as me?>

hopefuly u guys can direct me to a good moisturizer
smile.gif

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
given acne is technically caused by bacteria, your moisturizer isn't causing the acne, but it may be helping to trap the bacteria in the pores that causes the acne

you may want to try an oil free moisturizer which is lighter and is good for oily skin prone to acne - baxter of california oil free moisturizer is quite good and i've had success with it

you may want to try a different facial wash, either one with a mild amount of aha in it to help with any acne issues (menscience makes an excellent one that isn't harsh) or something mild but cleansing like baxter of california's facial wash

you may want to try your qeury at menessentials.com which has a forum more specialized to this type of topic

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you're new and all, but please stop making obnoxious topic titles. No all-caps and certainly no asterisks.

I like Cetaphil moisturizer. Very basic, inexpensive, and non-comedogenic.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have found over the last few years the best combination which works for me is using cetaphil cleanser in the shower, followed by kiehls soothing nourishing cream after shaving. Twice a week I will also use Kiehls Facial Fuel in the shower and the herbal toner following shaving. I now no longer feel the need to try everything out there.

Also make sure not to use too much moisturizer as that could be causing some of the problem. You might also want to see a dermatologist as well for a qualified opinion.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got combination skin, so I have to be careful with what kind of moisturizing and cleansing I do, or I will get acne. Here's what I do..

Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser in the shower
Anthony Logistics Astringent after I get out of the shower(does contain alcohol)
Anthony Logistics Oil Free Facial Lotion right after that
Nickel Eye Contour Lift Gel

I cleanse and tone my entire face, but I only moisturize my trouble-free areas. I also use a Baxter of California clay mask once a month or so, and I use Baxter of Cali products in my travel kit and as backups for when I run out of my main stuff.

CaliStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I know you're new and all, but please stop making obnoxious topic titles. No all-caps and certainly no asterisks.

I like Cetaphil moisturizer. Very basic, inexpensive, and non-comedogenic.

lol @"certainly no asterisks"

i had no idea that such rigid "typing style" bureaucracies were set in place so as to not disturb the peace and tranquility of styleforum veterans who are browsing the board .

does everyone take message boards as seriously as this guy?

im sorry if i ruined your day with my asterisks and caps.

its not that big of a deal dude, everyone has their own typing style.

this isnt like trying to catch attention in a public space where u are forced to endure other people yeling/screaming/etc.
on a mesage board u hav the option of reading / not reading a thread especially when its just ONE in a subsection out of many other ones

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's pretty annoying. More importantly, people are just not going to take you seriously. I, for one, do not.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
It's pretty annoying. More importantly, people are just not going to take you seriously. I, for one, do not.
I concur.

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaliStyle
its not that big of a deal dude, everyone has their own typing style.

Could be, but there is only one correct style.

Goblin

Reaction score
Never let anyone close enough to detect the minute flaws in your otherwise purest alabaster visage. If they must look upon you, let it be from afar!
teacha.gif

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend is a highly regarded dermatologist, and he told me years ago when I was blowing tons of money on Kiehls, and Trumpers, and various exotic moisturizers, that it was pointless to do so. He told me to use aloe vera gel in the dead of summer, and Complex 15 (the thinner body lotion rather than the face cream) the rest of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads