1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Middle-of-the-Road, Bang-for-the-Buck Online Source for Ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flyswatter, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Happy Friday, SF'ers! I'm looking to upgrade from my The Tie Bar ties. I'd like to acquire some decent quality, solid colored, textured silk ties in staple colors like navy and burgundy. Nothing fancy, just well-made, basic ties in the $40-$60 range. Preferably 3.5 inches wide, nothing smaller. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks!

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

3. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

4. Flake

Flake Senior member

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Unless you need a certain amount of ties, get fewer but nicer ties. Sam Hober is popular here.

6. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Thanks for that!

Yes, fewer but nicer is definitely my strategy. But still, as a college student, there's only so much I can spend per tie, hence this thread inquiring about the best "bang for the buck" offerings. I'm definitely familiar with Sam Hober, and maybe I will indeed consider springing for a couple Hober ties. His grenadines seem particularly nice.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Make the small jump from 60 to 75 and get one or two Hobers. Worth it. Very, very worth it. Even if that means skimping on the other ties or looking on eBay (also not a terrible idea).

8. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

I just purchased 2 ties from Howard Yount ($85) that I'm very pleased with. My computer monitor did not do them justice.

9. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

+1 on Hober. I'd take two Hobers over three $50 ties any day. Heck, I'd take the Hobers over most of what sells in retail stores for $150+.