• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Man Watch Gift?

rvmnyc

Reaction score
I am getting married in a few weeks and would like to buy my best man (my 25 year old brother) a watch.

I'm looking for something under $500, with a metal band, something classy, but not too edgy.

Something he can wear on a daily basis would be a plus.

Thanks!

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hamilton would have my vote as well. There are a couple models that would fit the requirements although I'm not sure of the price. The Jazzmaster Viewmatic is pretty nice and so are a couple other models.

There are also a couple nice Seiko watches and I've heard good things about a brand called Christopher Ward.

penguin vic

Reaction score
I like the Christopher Ward C7 on a metal band. Well under budget but a quartz ...

The Hamiltons are nice at that price point as are the Seiko automatics on the seiya site.

rvmnyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by penguin vic
I like the Christopher Ward C7 on a metal band. Well under budget but a quartz ...

The Hamiltons are nice at that price point as are the Seiko automatics on the seiya site.

What site is this?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by penguin vic

Yeah, ever since I got my first automatic, I've been a snob towards quartz watches. I don't know why cause I'm not into the "mechanics" like many people are but the sweeping hand is just so much more awesome than a tick.

Hamilton all the way IMO.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Omega Constellation with a piepan dial.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't buy someone a watch. Men are too opinionated about them. I'm sure your brother would much rather have a nice cooking knife.

sfo423

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Smith
Vintage Omega Constellation with a piepan dial.

I would follow the thought above. Spend on used; you will get more for your money.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what type of work does your brother do?

ballines1

Reaction score
Definitely agree with the used. may want to check out pmwf.com or timezone.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
You don't buy someone a watch. Men are too opinionated about them. I'm sure your brother would much rather have a nice cooking knife.

Seriously? How do you even know the guy cooks?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40