• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Luxury Tie

financeguy33

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am looking to update my tie collection with several high end ties and was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction as far as brand names go. The qualities I am looking for in a tie are as follows: handmade, 100% silk, true sevenfold, ties a nice knot, unique patterns, brand recognizability. Price in this case is not a factor. Thanks in advance!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am looking to update my tie collection with several high end ties and was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction as far as brand names go. The qualities I am looking for in a tie are as follows: handmade, 100% silk, true sevenfold, ties a nice knot, unique patterns, brand recognizability. Price in this case is not a factor. Thanks in advance!
just go to bergdorfs & buy only kiton.

financeguy33

Reaction score
any thoughts on Brioni, Hermes, or Leo & Romanos ties in comparison to Kiton?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certain Hermes designs would satisfy your brand recognizability criterion. I don't think Hermes makes a 7-fold, though.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certain Hermes designs would satisfy your brand recognizability criterion. I don't think Hermes makes a 7-fold, though.
any thoughts on Brioni, Hermes, or Leo & Romanos ties in comparison to Kiton?

Brioni & Hermes are 3 fold. No experience / never heard of Leo & Romanos.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are just quality ties. Insufficient brand recognizability.

I’m actually a fan of what I’ve seen from viola milano but again, insufficient brand recognition.

Just go Kiton. Get the best of the best +1

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are just quality ties. Insufficient brand recognizability.

I am sure they would put a label on the topside were they to be asked. All the others are a fashionable label with a crap tie attached.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E. Marinella. I have quite a few 7 folds from various brands and my favorite are the Marinellas. Sam Hober does an awesome job and allows you to customize the length, so for me they're a close second. As far as patterns, aside from Marinella, the other 7 fold tie makers that usually catches my eyes are Kiton and Isaia.

financeguy33

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will buy a few different ones (kiton, leo & romanos, isaia, and cappelli) and see which I like best. I will keep you all updated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads