1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Loafer (truly no-show) Socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A. Blaine, Aug 12, 2010.

1. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Falke makes a great pair.
    Last I checked they were available on ASOS.

2. Francisco

Francisco Senior member

I like Falke too. Quite durable. You guys might consider Muji too, they are quite good too. Moreover they are cheaper.

3. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I have various brands of these no-show socks, and really, the best are the ones from Payless Shoes. Really. Look for the Dexter brand.

+1, I just picked up a few of these the other day. 100% cotton and inexpensive.

4. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

If anyone is still looking for a good and very affordable no show sock to wear with loafers I suggest going to WalMart. I was there today with my daughter picking up some supplies she needed for a project and found some there. The come in 2 sizes, which is great for people like me with only size 6 shoes. They are tan and have a nice rubber heel pad to make sure they do not fall. They are only 4 dollars for 2 pairs. I put them on and wore them around for a couple hours and they never slipped. I think this is the least expensive option yet.

5. bluesdance

bluesdance Well-Known Member

Journeys has men's footies in a variety of colors and designs. I'm wearing a pair w loafers right now and they are totally invisible. Word to the wise if you don't want these to disappear wash em in a mesh bag.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Journeys has men's footies in a variety of colors and designs. I'm wearing a pair w loafers right now and they are totally invisible. Word to the wise if you don't want these to disappear wash em in a mesh bag.

+1, just got a few pairs of those. note that they have both a low cut and also a completely invisible one so don't get the wrong pair.

7. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

You've pulled an attractive woman and brought her back to yours. Eventually you'll have to slip your shoes off. How do you do that without revealing the hideous turn-off that are those 'invisible' socks? If you can't wear shoes without socks, don't. </rant>

I had something similar occur to me a couple of weeks ago at the airport

8. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I tried the loafer socks from Journey, and I can still see them when I wear my Sebago boat shoes. Does anyone know a smaller sock? I'm looking pretty hard at the Falke family sneaker socks, but I'm worried I will have the same problem. Any ideas? Edit: I maybe should have put this in SW&D but I'm too comfortable in MC [​IMG]

9. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Does anyone know a smaller sock?
    I think you, in particular, need a sturdy sock that will cover your heel.

10. david123

david123 Senior member

Not sure how they compare to what you've tried, but i like these moccsocks.myshopify.com

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I think you, in particular, need a sturdy sock that will cover your heel.

At first I was like [​IMG] Then I was like [​IMG]

Not sure how they compare to what you've tried, but i like these moccsocks.myshopify.com

They do look smaller. I may have to give them a try [​IMG]

12. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

13. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

14. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I tried the loafer socks from Journey, and I can still see them when I wear my Sebago boat shoes.
    Any ideas?

+1, just got a few pairs of those. note that they have both a low cut and also a completely invisible one so don't get the wrong pair.

maybe?

16. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

maybe?
    hmmm I wonder. They don't show when I wear my Margaritaville boat shoes, just my Sebago's. (The Sebagos have a lot lower cut though) Edit: I can barely see them in the Sebago's, but it annoys me none the less.

17. Keaka

Keaka New Member

18. mot

mot Member

MS&amp;Co socks are the best deal and they are truly no-show but there is the occasional heel slips.

19. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

You can wear loafers with or without socks. Boats only without.