• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Khakis?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racing Green
Not much use to our American friends but ASOS' 'over-dyed slim fit trousers' are an absolute steal at £25. The fit is perfect for me and the quality is actually very good for the price.

image1xl.jpg

http://www.asos.com/Asos-Collection/...t=-1&clr=Brown

Different strokes and all that, but those look horrible, at least on that model.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, khaki leggings are not a good look.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
Amazing fabric and cut is perfect for me. I have another pair reserved when they restock. The fabric has a great sheen to it that really makes them stand out. Slim without being skinny. I literally see these lasting for years

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

This looks very similar to the RRL officer chino except for the back pockets. Even the buttons are the same. Not knocking on these BiG, these look nice and I'll keep an eye out for a restock as well.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Different strokes and all that, but those look horrible, at least on that model.

They're really horrible in that pic (like all ASOS model pics) but they fit like classic sta-prest.

evilbananas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racing Green
Not much use to our American friends but ASOS' 'over-dyed slim fit trousers' are an absolute steal at £25. The fit is perfect for me and the quality is actually very good for the price.

image1xl.jpg

http://www.asos.com/Asos-Collection/...t=-1&clr=Brown

Is there another site that has these in stock? I'm looking for a 28. My go-to khaki is a pair of J Crew in classic fit, or urban slim fit in the summer; both are good fits without being overly slim.

duration

Reaction score
I don't think so. That's an inhouse label, so only Asos would carry it. And not to diss Asos, but my gf has some stuff from them and she told me a few times that the material's sort of crappy. Perhaps men's and women's are different...

insomb

Reaction score
Bought some Save Khakis at Saks. I like them, they are suuuper comfortable.

Originally Posted by Mauro
I can honestly say now the best khaki is

WOLF Vs. GOAT ...pics to follow!!

Post!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont know how...lol

Some one please post pics of themselves in the WvG chino.

insomb did you go to the wolf vs goat thread??

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I buy my khakis/Chinos from JCrew and Gap mainly because I can get them in an inseam longer then 34. I find it hard to find that in most other brands. JCrew's stuff is great quality, but sometimes I go with Gap because you get get them so cheap with additional off coupons and the frequent sales they have.

Having said that, I have been trying to expand into color so any brands that carry more then just Khaki, Navy and Black earn a +1 in my book.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jcrew, not sure the range but they appear be tailor instead of machine dried like most of the Jcrew look.

These taper down to 8" at the hem, though personally I feel that 7.5" would look better, 7" would be too slim.

I like a good amount of taper without them being too slim above the knee which I find looks terrible with my jackets.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insomb
Bought some Save Khakis at Saks. I like them, they are suuuper comfortable.

+1, except I bought directly from a Save Khaki location. The styling on them isn't my favorite, but the fit, construction, and fabric are incredible. So comfortable.

insomb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I dont know how...lol

Some one please post pics of themselves in the WvG chino.

insomb did you go to the wolf vs goat thread??

yeah, i found it.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When talking about fit and recommending brands people should mention their weight/height and possibly provide a fit pic, otherwise this discussion is not overly useful. For example, Wings+Horns chinos do not look good on someone real skinny, but on a slim guy with slightly more heft they can look pretty good. Likewise the Mr. Olive chinos that I like fit me superbly, but a lot people could not fit into them due to the tighter thighs.

Also, where can Save Khaki be bought reliably on-line? I've always found this brand to be kind of obscure with largely only people in NYC being aware of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads