• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best jeans for short legs?

tommboy

Reaction score
I have fairly short legs and a small torso, what jeans should I stick with that will make my legs look longer? I was thinking maybe trying some True religions out. Anyone have any suggestions of jeans brands or styles that will help elongate my legs and appearance?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I can't recommend that you buy true religion for the simple fact that they mostly offer bootcuts which will probably make you stubby more than anything. You should probably look into something fairly skinny or slim with a straight leg.

tommboy

Reaction score
I normally wear boots(to help my legs look longer) so the bootcut is a good thing.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tommboy
I normally wear boots(to help my legs look longer) so the bootcut is a good thing.

no it isn't. The flare at the bottom widens the silhouette of your legs and makes you look stubby in comparison. And unless you're wearing cowboy boots or something similarly offensive, you can get away wearing boots slim straight jeans too.

tommboy

Reaction score
so what then would you recmend? I have muscular legs (but short) and be tried diesel jeans without much sucess because they have a low rise.

brandall10

Reaction score
I have fairly short legs and a small torso, what jeans should I stick with that will make my legs look longer? I was thinking maybe trying some True religions out. Anyone have any suggestions of jeans brands or styles that will help elongate my legs and appearance?
New Religions make me vomit in my mouth a bit, that sentiment appears to be shared by many around here. Go with a slim fitting jean with a small hem. APC New Standards seem to be the "gateway" jean around here and have one of the most flattering cuts, at a price that's roughly half as much as premium Japanese denim. I'm a pretty small, somewhat slim but muscular guy (5'5", 29" inseam, 29" waist, 39" chest, 20.5" thighs, 137 lbs)... I dare say nothing in recent memory has made me look taller than picking up a pair of APC New Standards sz 27. They have a 34.5" measured inseam, I stack them with boots, sometimes with a single cuff, but even without they look incredible. I recall the first thing out of my girlfriends mouth when I tried them on - "wow".
smile.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
so what then would you recmend? I have muscular legs (but short) and be tried diesel jeans without much sucess because they have a low rise.
I'm not sure what a low rise has to do with your short legs. Still, I'd recommend emailing or calling Farinelli's. If you're convinced on going the Diesel/7FAM/etc. route then they can point you to a good slim straight leg cut. If you're thinking about looking into Nudie/APC/RRL/etc. then they can help you there, too.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, i highly doubt your legs are THAT big that they can't fit into a pair of slim/straight jeans. i have 19" calves and 24.5" thighs and I've worn everything from APC NS, Nudie Slim Jims, RRL Slim Bootcut, 5EP LDB, LVC 1947, Crate Journals and blah, blah, blah. if my tree trunkesque legs can fit in those jeans then you can too...

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of a brand but jeans that are too long and cuffed at the bottom will make your legs appear shorter. I always laugh at short women with low cut jeans and large cuffs... They look like midgets!!!

So, jeans that fit and shoes that are similar in color or darker FTW!

modual

Reaction score
If you insist on bootcut then Nudie Regular Ralf is a very flattering cut on most body types.

SykoFreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
dude, i highly doubt your legs are THAT big that they can't fit into a pair of slim/straight jeans. i have 19" calves and 24.5" thighs and I've worn everything from APC NS, Nudie Slim Jims, RRL Slim Bootcut, 5EP LDB, LVC 1947, Crate Journals and blah, blah, blah. if my tree trunkesque legs can fit in those jeans then you can too...

What's your waist size? 31" waist, 24" thighs here, and when I tried on APC NS in w29 they were insufferably tight. I also once tried on RRL slim cords in w30 and I could not even pull the waistband up to where I wanted to wear it because the thighs were so tight.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SykoFreak
What's your waist size? 31" waist, 24" thighs here, and when I tried on APC NS in w29 they were insufferably tight. I also once tried on RRL slim cords in w30 and I could not even pull the waistband up to where I wanted to wear it because the thighs were so tight.

i am a 32/33" waist and i wear a 32 in APC, i have found sometimes you have to sacrifice the waist for your legs. i never size down more than one (unless they're TTS), basically the waist might be a little slack, but the rest of the legs fit perfect from top to bottom. i would recommend KMW 1980s at your true waist size...

aznanon

Reaction score

Go for slim cuts, for sure that'll help.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
i am a 32/33" waist and i wear a 32 in APC, i have found sometimes you have to sacrifice the waist for your legs. i never size down more than one (unless they're TTS), basically the waist might be a little slack, but the rest of the legs fit perfect from top to bottom. i would recommend KMW 1980s at your true waist size...

yah I work out and ride a lot, and have a 31 waist but i stuck true to size with my NS, and i'm really glad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics