• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Items at Trader Joe's

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i lived in texas, the decision to go wet or dry (sell alcohol at all) was made on a precinct-by-precinct basis. where i lived, the only wet precinct within 150 miles was a tract of farmland owned by former Detroit Lion quarterback (and legendary drinker) bobby layne. it was cheek-by-jowl liquor stores.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TJ Carrot-Cake Cookies.

I'm ok with being a ***** with one of those suckers in my hand.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have this chocolate covered fruit (apricots, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries) that is absolutely ridiculous. I bought a little container of it and nearly ate all of it in one sitting. Then I looked at the nutrition label and wanted to go throw it up.
ffffuuuu.gif

I want some more so badly but it's so ridiculously good that I don't think I could practice any sort of moderation with it.
smile.gif

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
their chicken broth is quite good ... the one called "free-range" not the "organic".

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These cookies look like ass in this photo (not mine), but they're really delicious. I think they're called Lacey cookies or something like that. http://www.flickr.com/photos/w_yvr/3683168681/ Also, I have no idea about relative quality, but TJs has cheap dried herbs and spices, including saffron.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm told we don't care for it in this household. But that's okay, it's no longer convenient.

Opermann

Reaction score
The Roquefort cheese is pretty close to the French version at a good price. I also love the mushroom/truffle flatbread.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I think the store is a fad.

You mean like that rock n roll music the kids like to jitterbug to?

In addition to some of the items others have listed, I like their sweet & spicy pecans. I used to really like their pecan praline granola, but the last few times I bought it it tasted a bit stale. Don't know if anything has changed, or I had some bad luck, or my palate is just going.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
actually, about half the time my breakfast is tj graham crackers with almond butter and sliced bananas.

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but if your breakfast tastes run that way, the pecan butter sold by one of the vendors at the Hollywood Farmers Market is a great change of pace. With some honey or bananas on a substantial cracker or wheat toast, it's fantastic.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Bulleit. It's the cheapest you'll find it anywhere.

Around xmas the Pfeffernüsse cookies are incredible.

The garlic cheese sourdough bread was pretty decent but I haven't seen it the last couple of trips.

I wish they'd bring by the ready-to-make meatball subs; you can just about make it yourself as they sell the ingredients separately (save for the roll), but the simplicity of it was perfect for taking to work or fixing up at home.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but if your breakfast tastes run that way, the pecan butter sold by one of the vendors at the Hollywood Farmers Market is a great change of pace. With some honey or bananas on a substantial cracker or wheat toast, it's fantastic.

actually, i haven't been to the hwood market in maybe a year. we used to get nut butters from magees at the original farmers market. i'll have to give your guy a try.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish we had Trader Joe's here. We have Central Market but buying anything there is a splurge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads