• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best item you've invested in

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following on from the 'biggest waste of money' thread, what is your best spent money?

For me it's a navy winter weight Corneliani cashmere blazer which I bought eight years ago and have worn a couple of times a week ever since.
It's in better condition than when I got it, lapels have rolled nicely to the third button etc. Never once been dry-cleaned and has such moderate features (medium width lapels, slightly but not too high notch etc) I think I'll be wearing it forever.
These are the sort of things I eternally search for and a number I have found. I've also got 15year old Scottish cashmere sweaters which are in great shape.

Smahatma

Reaction score
It's a toss up between my C&J Lowndes double monks and my grey herringbone thickasthieves one button sportcoat.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
It's a toss up between my C&J Lowndes double monks and my grey herringbone thickasthieves one button sportcoat.

Definitely a Loro Piana Cashmere Martingala coat.
biggrin.gif

mystillwater

Reaction score
i'd have to say its an H&M Navy pinstripe suit i got (sadly) for my grandfathers funeral. It fits great and i've gotten dozens of wears out of it. really i think i learned how to wear a suit in it. i've still got it and i still wear it every now and then. i've got better suits but it still always looks nice.

runner-up: Danner Mountain Light II boots. a single slab of leather welted to a Vibram sole. these may out last me. i wear them everytime it rains or snows. i think they're a classic and i've got them broken in nicely. not an easy feat.. believe me.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a.p.c new cure jeans - been wearing them for almost everyday for almost 2 years now, still in great condition, still fit me perfect, love em, simply can't ask for better bang for the buck

pwy95a

Reaction score
Navy blue Filson merino wool sweater. Easily the best cost per wear item in my closet.

GucciKid

Reaction score
My overcoat. Nicest overcoat I've seen for what I'm looking for (car coat, so a bit more of a casual look). It's navy, and I would compare it's effect very much to a navy blazer - I can throw it on over anything and still look very good.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kernelgt
Best purchase ever? Lagavulin 16 yr.

I've got a bottle of '63 Borges Port waiting for an occasion

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nordstrom label storms ystem overcoat for $250

contaygious

Reaction score
Zegna Elements Jacket. Goes with everything and keeps me warm in the winter, but not too warm indoors.
NMN01L0_mn.jpg

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A navy Brioni suit purchased 16 years ago at SYMS for $ 200.00...served me until 2 years ago, and then sadly, I had to throw it out after wearing it on average twice a week. F--K!

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass U-last Oxfords.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads