• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Hotel Near Naples, Italy Train Station???

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Guys,
Traveling by train from Rome to Naples. What's a good hotel in walking distance from the Naples train station? Addresses much appreciated. Thanks.
-Ciao.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,
Traveling by train from Rome to Naples. What's a good hotel in walking distance from the Naples train station? Addresses much appreciated. Thanks.
-Ciao.

why do you want to stay in hotel near the train station?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just stayed at the Hotel Naples, Corso Umberto I 55. Very reasonable (on the basic side of four stars), about 15-20' walk from the station, right in front of the University's main building a five minutes from Spaccanapoli. The area around the station isn't very nice at all.

Last edited:

Wicky

Reaction score

Guys,
-Ciao.

This (used to be) not the best area in town ....... Not sure how its now, haven't been to Napels last 2 years.

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
RAdicaldog- thanks a ton. I'll do that! Did you get any good shopping in while you were there?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just stayed at the Hotel Naples, Corso Umberto I 55. Very reasonable (on the basic side of four stars), about 15-20' walk from the station, right in front of the University's main building a five minutes from Spaccanapoli. The area around the station isn't very nice at all.

I can also vouch for this hotel, it's clean and safe. In addition the two oldest pizzerias aren't too far away, kinda between the hotel and train station.

Shopping isn't too far, Chaia is about 30-40 minute walk away. If you haven't been before I'd go to the old Spanish palace and tour the interior.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RAdicaldog- thanks a ton. I'll do that! Did you get any good shopping in while you were there?

Not much: Cappelli, Rubinacci, Attolini, Ulturale etc. were all closed. But I did get an umbrella at Talarico and a few ties at a place called Mr Fox, just off Piazza dei Martiri -- mediocre shop but excellent tie selection. Marinella is not very good at all. I'd never been to his Naples shop and expected it to be much better than the little one in Milan, but even counting the large upstairs place I wasn't impressed by the selection. I should probably do a quick Naples impressions thread.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not much: Cappelli, Rubinacci, Attolini, Ulturale etc. were all closed. But I did get an umbrella at Talarico and a few ties at a place called Mr Fox, just off Piazza dei Martiri -- mediocre shop but excellent tie selection. Marinella is not very good at all. I'd never been to his Naples shop and expected it to be much better than the little one in Milan, but even counting the large upstairs place I wasn't impressed by the selection. I should probably do a quick Naples impressions thread.

Did you check out Argenio or Magnefique?

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Radicalcane - a Naples impression thread would be great. Best idea I've heard this week. Nothing gets done in Italy in August.
This country has an 11 -month GDP cycle. Thank you sir

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you check out Argenio or Magnefique?

No. I was on a little tour of Southern Italy with friends, so didn't quite have time to go on major shopping expeditions.

Radicalcane - a Naples impression thread would be great. Best idea I've heard this week. Nothing gets done in Italy in August.
This country has an 11 -month GDP cycle. Thank you sir

Will do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads