Best Hoodies!? Recommendations

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Understatement, Oct 21, 2010.

1. BB1

BB1 Senior member

What about viewing hoodies as something other than outerwear? For example, there are a few hoodies out there which resemble sweaters more than gym wear. Many are even made out of wool or lightweight cotton knits.

I love the concept of layering using a cardigan, but rarely wear cardigans since they frequently look too fussy and old man like. But a nice knitted hoodie can serve roughly the same purpose without it feeling like you're wearing your outerwear indoors.

2. snake

snake Senior member

can anyone recommend brands that fit slim and long (I'm 6'4)? A lot of the Japanese brands I've looked at look great, but I haven't found one with enough length. I've heard that some of the W+H hoodies fit long but also that their sizing can be inconsistent.
    Chances of finding a hoodie with enough length by the Japanese brands discussed here will be slim to none. Unless they're cut purposefully long, like this MofM: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7999986 But even then, the sleeve length would still be an issue. iirc, the w+h hoody I had from fw09 were cut quite short and fit small. edit- on a side note, I really like the shape of this Devoa hoodie. Bit similar to the MA+ aviator (?) [​IMG]

3. BB1

BB1 Senior member

DBSS currently has a hoodie with 72 cm length, and wjk has one with 69 cm. I'm not sure if those are long enough for someone who's 6'4", but those are by no means short or cropped lengths!

Also, Julius has had ones in past seasons that were around 80 cm with overly long sleeves. That would surely be long enough.

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this too, but outside of the hood, the fabric and shape make it nearly look like a jacket.

5. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

it's pretty obviously a jacket.

6. snake

snake Senior member

I like this too, but outside of the hood, the fabric and shape make it nearly look like a jacket.
    That's part of why I like it so much. Most hoodies you see are flabby and unstructured which have always personally put me off. It's pretty similar to the attachment hoodie/jacket nn posted a few days back. But yeah, it's definitely moreso a jacket than a hoodie.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

What about viewing hoodies as something other than outerwear? For example, there are a few hoodies out there which resemble sweaters more than gym wear. Many are even made out of wool or lightweight cotton knits.

I love the concept of layering using a cardigan, but rarely wear cardigans since they frequently look too fussy and old man like. But a nice knitted hoodie can serve roughly the same purpose without it feeling like you're wearing your outerwear indoors.

Like knitted hoodies?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

9. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Try DRKSHDW, I saw a nice one at Barneys a month ago but it was really long, I'm sure it is meant to be worn like that but I think it will work for you.

I like this one by DRKSHDW too, it zip all the way up too, comes in 3 different colors.
    ...[/IMG]

Thanks, I'll check this out.

10. tellure

tellure Senior member

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

Just ordered a hoodie from Alternative Apparel...was only $35 shipped. I'll report back on quality.

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

13. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

just discovered Loopwheeler and loopwheel sweaters.

what is the cheapest one I can get?
    relatively, I know they will be expensive.

14. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

What's wrong with the fit of W+H hoodies? I was right about to buy one from Roden Grey before seeing this thread. Enlighten me, someone. [​IMG]

Nothing, if you know your measurements.

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

I'm thinking about picking up a Reigning Champ hoodie.

I'm a 42" chest....size large?