• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Hoodies!? Recommendations

mk.ultra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West
2882v4m.jpg
Edit: Ugh...I can get the image larger so here's the link Stack Hoodie

MKJ634-2510-1.jpg

Epik

Reaction score
Received the alternative apparel hoodie. Not as high quality as an abercrombie hoodie unfortunately.

It feels exactly like an $8 walmart hoodie except the cut is much better. So it's worth 3x the walmart hoodie but that's not saying much.

Again, does anyone have any 1st hand experience with Nicholas K products in general and in particular their hoodies? $300 level quality?

Epik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bare bodkin
Good luck with that, I'm tempted to drop 300 RIGHT NOW.
There was interest from numerous SF'ers earlier in the thread: any of you guys pick up the Tripp hoodie? Here's an image hosted elsewhere, since Nicholas K took down all their images. Is this color slate heather or smoke heather?
nicholasktripphoodie.jpg

gululv

Reaction score
Got The Real McCoy's navy loopwheeled hoodie from Japan last week, it's superb!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wogbog
I have a W+H hoodie but I'd like something longer, as slim, and with lower pockets. Any suggestions?

I actually bought a slim-fit XL and took it to a tailor to get it slimmed down in the body.

Originally Posted by FrankNine
Supreme do some nice thick hoodies, and I mean thick, made in Canada, size medium is quite fitting, but they do come with some logo and/or graphic design so if your wanting a plain hoody it might not be your cup of tea.

Pretty sure Supreme hoodies are made by CYC, the same company that makes Reigning Champ and W+H

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
reigning champ & w+h ...

Is sizing on RC the same as on W+H, and are they as slim? I wanna pick up an RC recycled fleece hoodie at some point, but surprise surprise, there's no one in Philly who stocks them.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
p1630854.jpg

I'm just quoting this because it's insanely awesome.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like this Silent hoody, I like how the collar opening style.
opre5l.jpg

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epik
Received the alternative apparel hoodie. Not as high quality as an abercrombie hoodie unfortunately. It feels exactly like an $8 walmart hoodie except the cut is much better. So it's worth 3x the walmart hoodie but that's not saying much. Again, does anyone have any 1st hand experience with Nicholas K products in general and in particular their hoodies? $300 level quality?
+1 I'm not exactly sure why people are recommending Alternative Apparel here. I bought a hoodie from them awhile back and was sorely disappointed. The material feels thin and flimsy and it started to pile the first day I wore it. The seams are pretty lousy and the zipper/shrinkage problem gives the hoodie major sweater boner. After one single wash, the underside of the material is incredibly piled and the whole sweater looks like its been wore for a couple of years. A hoodie from GAP probably wears better than AA. All in all, I cannot recommend Alternative Apparel at all.

ghostdog123

Reaction score
where can you get that silent hoody? it doesn't seem to be mixed into any of the current season's Silent stock anywhere... Hoodie from some small Taiwanese designer
2191mi9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads