• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Henley?

Iwmmm

Reaction score
Wings + Horns are great, currently have 5 of them from various seasons, Bought all on sale from ssense, Acrimony, w+h site, . Stitching holds up very well, fits are very good (I'm 5'9 150lbs and I usually get a large), great texture of fabrics, and colors as well, made in Canada (if you care about those things) I generally wouldn't pay $95usd for one, but like I did, if you can get them on sale for sub $40usd, do it.

Also, although I don't own any I have heard numerous compliments on Reigning Champ henleys. I think w+h and RC have a lot of the same manufacturing people as well from what I have heard, can anyone confirm or deny this?

JSAN

Reaction score
LVC 1920s Henley.
70% cotton, 30% linen, bought 3 on sale for $65 each. Fabric has some sort of semi-knit/waffle texture. Held up pretty well, made in Portugal.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
A baby rib henleys still fit me better than any other brand I've tried thus far. WvG should have some out later this month, and I'm sure they'll be worth a look. For short-sleeve options, Scheisser Revival henleys are pretty nice, and the couple I picked up from Krane are as well. My favorite is probably from Silent, but I picked it up off of Yoox a while back and haven't seen it around in any recent season's offerings.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some aa henleys got destroyed after 3 years i'm probably going with reigning champ.

I only need one or two

Thanks guys

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

reigning champ, w&h, rrl are pretty good

every henley i purchased was for sub $50 shipped. Its still a t-shirt to me, just with a couple buttons. ill probably pick up a couple more around x-mas sales. the f/w 12 rc henleys were superd imo: Single button, lightweight terry cloth, on sale for $40 when I purchased it at acrimony. still some stock left

http://www.shopacrimony.com/products/reigning-champ-navy-s-s-fine-loop-henley

http://www.shopacrimony.com/products/wings-horns-canvas-green-s-s-henley

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should have mentioned looking for longsleeves i can wait for sales too lol.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a source of distressed, burnout, or faded henleys?

I'm currently of the opinion that henleys are the best casual shirt out there- more interesting and formal than a tee, not dorky or pretentious like the collared polos or safari/military shirts out there. I also feel like they evoke a more vintage, even somewhat european/medieval image; which may compliment me better as I have more old world facial features (as vague as that sounds. I dunno, people often think I'm European, not American). I avoid the white henleys with waffle texture, those indeed look like long underwear per the Put This On article. The reason I think a high quality distressed henley would work well is because the fading would reinforce the impression that it's an outer garment and not your (medieval) underwear.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

AA baby rib henleys still fit me better than any other brand I've tried thus far. WvG should have some out later this month, and I'm sure they'll be worth a look. For short-sleeve options, Scheisser Revival henleys are pretty nice, and the couple I picked up from Krane are as well. My favorite is probably from Silent, but I picked it up off of Yoox a while back and haven't seen it around in any recent season's offerings.

Forgot to mention - AA henley quality can be pretty dodgy, or at least inconsistent. I have a bunch I've worn consistently for years at this point - some of them seconds - with no issues, but I had one fall apart on me literally the first time I wore it. Online customer support was no help - I don't think they even got back to me - but I took it to a retail store and they replaced it right away.

brew

Reaction score
Getting annoyed with the almost turtle-neck like henleys. I'm having trouble finding henleys with loose-fitting / low-hung collars like these (notice the pronounced V shape): http://z.about.com/d/mensfashion/1/0...rtlett_024.jpg
300px-Dark_Tower_The_Gunslinger_Born_3.jpg
Thumbnail_300x300.png
Instead I keep finding gay shirts that are more and more like these (notice the polo collar): http://api.ning.com/files/xH6OpAG0cv...ySweaterLg.jpg

I found a henley like this guy describes. The brand is LNA Clothing. Their henley's are the perfect cut; they're trim with a low-hanging, loose neckline and pronounced V. The LNA henley's are made from a 100% cotton, nearly paper-thin fabric, which is perfect, however they're a rip-off at $70 each. These shirts have unfortunately been publicized as being worn by numerous celebrities, which only further justifies and solidifies the high price tag to both LNA and the people buying from them. I've bought one, but am looking elsewhere for a similar henley that is more appropriately priced.

Where can I get a henley similar to LNA's for a more reasonable price? Thank you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads