1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Henley?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TwentySomthing, Sep 29, 2007.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

MJK henleys are nice and under $50. I have a 3/4 sleeve one that is pretty nice.

2. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Distinguished Member

dude i have a j.crew henley that i bought but it shrunk a bit so i can't where it. its brand new. its a size small.

id sell it to you if you want it. its a nice asphalt color that i really like. too bad i didn't buy a medium.

I just bought a few of their thermal henleys in size medium. After a wash they fit me pretty well, hitting right at the belt line. I generally like a henley with more than two buttons, but these are ok for about 30 bucks on sale from 42.50.

3. why

why Distinguished Member

Costume National Homme has some really nice ones with a deep placket.

4. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Distinguished Member

Anyone know anything re the fit of Rogues Gallery's henleys?

5. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior Member

i have an athletic body type and while i can wear AA mediums in their tshirts (line dry, no dryer) - i prefer to size up on the henleys to XL, bc they shrink a lot. i like shirts snug on my shoulders and chest but i don't like them clinging to my lower torso - it tends to look too much like and undershirt when i wear them that tight.

i would use the same philosophy with the tshirts, but they don't shrink up like the henleys do.

6. freelance robotics

freelance robotics Senior Member

my three favorites are j. crew, AA, and polo's ribbed cotton henleys this season are really great. they were overpriced for a long time but they're down to about $40 on polo.com.

7. itskub

itskub Senior Member

the henleys on polo.com are ugly imo, like something from B.U.M or osh kosh.

8. esswhykay

esswhykay Senior Member

Anybody have recommendations for slim fitting waffle-knit henleys (preferably with 3 or more buttons)?

9. airportlobby

airportlobby Distinguished Member

RRL has some nice loose-knit henleys. I don't think they're waffle knit, but they're very nice.

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Distinguished Member

RRL has some nice loose-knit henleys. I don't think they're waffle knit, but they're very nice.

damn, you beat me to it and i will co-sign to this...

11. pridecake

pridecake Senior Member

MJK is good. Although not the thickest, Alt App has some good ones that are slim fitting

12. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior Member

damn, you beat me to it and i will co-sign to this...

Rye GB wore one in a WAYWT a while back. They're pretty nice, but last I checked, they're around $130-140.

13. Doppler4000

Doppler4000 Well-Known Member

14. tagutcow

tagutcow Stylish Dinosaur

I spent months banging my head looking for a henley. Most henleys tended towards two extremes:

"¢ A button placket too small and narrow, making the shirt look too "underweary". This is certainly the case of AA.

"¢ A button placket too wide, impractically long, poncey and International Male-ish (many of the higher-end brands including Generra.)

I ended up getting this Topman henley on sale for !4 shipped. It was in sage greeen, which I liked, because to me, henleys only seem right in earth tones for some reason.

Of course, I posted it in a WAYWT and was summarily dissed.

Proportion-wise, the henleys I've liked the best are RRL and Theory. Both, naturally, are too expensive.

J Crew would have been ideal for me in aesthetics and price if they were more like henley t-shirts rather than henley sweaters. Even Eddie Bauer's henley looked like it might have been nice were it not for the logo.

15. xchen

xchen Distinguished Member

I've got 4 short sleeve RRL henleys and 1 really heavy weight long sleeve RRL henley that will get busted out once it gets a little colder.