• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best haircut for long face/narrow head?

redlinesrt8

Reaction score
Alright...I have a head shape somewhat similar to Daniel Tosh and Peyton Manning. Long face in addition to narrow/long head. I usually get a "fade" haircut (shorter on sides, longer on top), but I recently realized that this just makes my head/face look longer.

I was thinking maybe I should just do a medium cut the same length everywhere...meaning just take the clippers (maybe a number 5, which is not short and not long), and just cut it all off. I think that will definitely balance my face better. Cutting it short on the sides and leaving it longer on top has been a bad mistake because it makes everything longer.

What do you think?

redlinesrt8

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that my hairline is actually pretty low. Daniel tosh and manning have a big forehead because their hairline is high, but my forehead looks really small.

redlinesrt8

Reaction score
Think I got it lol....number 4 on top, number 5 on sides. Looks WAY more balanced and less long.

gungadin25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redlinesrt8
Alright...I have a head shape somewhat similar to Daniel Tosh and Peyton Manning. Long face in addition to narrow/long head. I usually get a "fade" haircut (shorter on sides, longer on top), but I recently realized that this just makes my head/face look longer.

I was thinking maybe I should just do a medium cut the same length everywhere...meaning just take the clippers (maybe a number 5, which is not short and not long), and just cut it all off. I think that will definitely balance my face better. Cutting it short on the sides and leaving it longer on top has been a bad mistake because it makes everything longer.

What do you think?

I have a similar issue, but my hair is fairly straight. I ask them to cut the sides with an angle like \\ /, but not as extreme as that. This makes my face seem not as long.

wetnose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also...start wearing spread collars.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.