• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Hair Styling Products for Men?

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score
Using products will high hold to force your hair to lay back will ALWAYS make it look glued back, because that's what you're doing. Blow dry it back to get it to want to lay back, and don't stop right when it's dry, keep going for a minute and focus the heat at the root while you pull it back with a brush (go buy a Denman 9 row brush, they're $15, made in England, and have been a standard in every hairdresser's kit since the 1960's), and keep pulling it back as it cools (this "sets" the hair and makes it want to stay where it is when it cools. This is why the hairdryer has a cold button) then even if it's 70% of the way to laying back, your product only has to do 30% of the work you were asking it to do before. This means any one of those crew products you mentioned in the original post will work. Use something light (American Crew Fiber, Redken Rough Paste, ADH Dry, etc) and your hair will still move and fall naturally, or use something heavy (Layrite original pomade , Imperial classic pomade, etc) if you want it to look slick. Use a light product and follow it with a hairspray (Redken makes good ones that are simple to understand-- the higher the number on the can, the stiffer it holds) if you want to keep a lighter look with less movement throughout the day.

q1445

Reaction score
New member 1st post. For what it's worth Badger Pomade is top notch for good hold and a clean natural look. I am happy I found it and wish I would have found it sooner. I tried Crew, Aveda, and many others, but always had issues. Of course it has its own application process, a little grainy out of the can, smooths out nicely in your palm, then applies easily and evenly. Nice smell, different, but I like it. Great stuff! Enjoy!

http://www.badgerbalm.com/mobileproductimages.aspx?productid=527

Reaction score
Try John Masters Organics their hair product line are really good in term of efficiency, and on top are all natural so you don't have to "sacrifice" your hair or your scalp . Also most of product smell good due to natural ingredients.
https://johnmasters.com/collections/hair-care

I was using before American crew before switching to John Masters Organics line, all I can say that I wish I had found earlier.

Last edited:

Stinson

Reaction score
Sebastian Potion 9 is a good conditioner. The rest of the Sebastian line good interesting as well.

rishabhb398

Reaction score
Hey, Hair Styling and Beard Styling is a Lifestyle to men! It is something men are most obsessed with because it defines their Personality & Appearance.
Choosing the right Style is a pre-requisite but you need to know how to take care of your hair and beard as well. There are a lot of products available in the market which will really confuse you. One must be very careful while choosing the right hair & beard care products. Schedule proper research, choose wisely & never forget to go for a skin test to make sure the products suit you. And yeah have a proper diet & work out regularly to keep your hair naturally smooth & shiny.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.