Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

best hair products for fine,straight hair

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by style questions, May 22, 2014.

1. style questions

style questions New Member

I'm a teenager and I have fine,straight hair that's about 5 inches long. and I'm trying to lift up my hair like a quiff (if you know of any other high hairstyles or similar,list them with their name, I have a round face,and straight hairline), do you know any type of products or specific products that could hold my hair,and maybe lift it(I'm in school for 8 hours so it would have to hold for some time)?

2. justinjack

justinjack Member

I am also looking for these kind of products.

3. style questions

style questions New Member

thanks MisterPompadour,this was helpful. But I'm looking for a disconnected undercut actually,so I don't want ANY shine,more of a natural look.And a product that costs a maximum of 10$

4. MisterPompadour

MisterPompadour Member

I'd have a hard time recommending anything at that price point. You might look into Axe pastes. I know the price point is where you want to be, but usually those products contain alcohols which are not very healthy for your hair. How much did you spend for your cut? How often do you get it cut? And you only want to spend $10 every 3 months for stuff you'll put in your hair every day?

5. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

Agree with @MisterPompadour , I have the same texture hair as you and found a paste works the best, gives a strong hold with minimal shine.

I also agree with his price point, I dont even think you can buy AXE products for less than $14 or so. For a product that you will use everyday, and a product that will give you the look you want, around $18 is more than fair.

If you also wanted to test some products out without committing to buying a whole container of it, just tell your barber/stylist want you want/what you're having problems with. typically they will have a reccommendation and will even send you home with some in the hopes youll buy some later.

6. Jazsi

Jazsi Member

7. DMartins

DMartins Active Member

Have you tried dry shampoos? They'll add non-sticky volume to your hair that may help you do what you want with it, especially if you blow dry it after.

8. bingfters

bingfters New Member

yes,They'll add non-sticky volume to your hair that may help you do what you want with it, especially if you blow dry it after.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014

9. razorweb

razorweb New Member

i have the same hair. get the clay pomade from baxter. you will never look back.

10. PDandG

PDandG Senior member

This.

11. DMartins

DMartins Active Member

• style questions, did you find that any of these suggestions worked for you?

12. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I also have fine/straight hair and found most products made my hair look thinner. I used to use American Crew Fiber until I recently discovered Green Gatsby. About 10$ from Amazon and is by far the best hair product I've used. Amazing hold, no shine, and natural feel. Highly recommended.

13. khongmau

khongmau New Member

if you dont consider about cost that so easy to find a good one , you should search some review and compare them before paying, i also like straightening hair style ^^
    this is a good review i found out, but remember dont abuse to use hair straightener and read more tricks and tips ,which let you how to use it bu the best way.
    http://www.hotstylingtoolguide.com/top-5-best-hair-straightener-flat-iron-2016/

14. EthelMoss

EthelMoss New Member

Thanks Khongmau for sharing this [​IMG]