Best Graphics Card between $200-$300

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Reggs, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

My setup: [​IMG] Motherboard specs: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...ra_sli_us.html I currently have an ATI Radion HD 4800. I really dont know much about hardware, hence the unusable RAM as seen above, a mistake I made just 2 days ago. I'm flexible, but I'd like it around $200-$300. I just want to play games with a great frame rate and decent draw distance for another 2 years or so before I have to worry about an upgrade. Frame rate is defiantly my top priority. Notable games I want to play in the near future are Deus Ex: HR, The Witcher 2, and Skyrim.

2. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

3. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

If you're looking for a 2-3 year vidcard I think you are better served getting something that you can grow into. In addition, make sure your mobo has the ability to crossfire. This will allow for future upgrades. I'm building a gaming desktop with a GTX 580

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Radeon HD 6950 2 GB looks sick, plus 2 GB is pretty future-proof.

5. ThePeoplesHero

ThePeoplesHero New Member

Best PCIe Card: $200 To $300

I'm running two of those crossfired and they're pretty awesome.... My ones are OEMd in an Alienware box and only carry ati/amd branding. Benchmark for me is Crysis 2 which they handle really well - not full whack mind you, but then very little can.