• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best food/dining experiences

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I completely agree with this assessment. I don't understand how there can be such a dichotomy under the same chef but I've been twice disappointed at BH in NYC and wowed every time at BH @ SB.

I am very excited to see this. I live in NYC and my wife just received a generous gift certificate to Blue Hill from her employer. We are going to make the trek to Westchester to hit Stone Farms.

We may wait until spring to take advantage of the fresh produce.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chas
I am very excited to see this. I live in NYC and my wife just received a generous gift certificate to Blue Hill from her employer. We are going to make the trek to Westchester to hit Stone Farms.

We may wait until spring to take advantage of the fresh produce.

I think you will like it. Budget some time to walk around Stone Barns before your meal. The Berkshire pork there (recipes change all the time) is always great.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Best value: Oefs en meurette at La Fontaine de Mars in Paris. Eggs poached in red wine....mmmmm.
Great timing on the necro-post.... I will be having this ^ tonight

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

Have you been to Cyrus? I know you've been several places around here.

I haven't been to Cyrus yet, but am looking forward to giving it a try. that and manresa are tops on my "want to go" list. both are almost venerable by now, at least by california restaurant standards, but i'm not a restaurant critic, i just edit them.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have a rez at Stone Barns for next month. Have not been in almost two years.

Manresa is great. I haven't tried Coi. I will try to go next time. I'd invite you, Kyle, but only if you promise to show up.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I ate at Babbo last night the food was nothing short of awesome. I was surprised, actually, the food far surpassed the price tag (all entrees were $29 or less and worth every penny). The service was spotty, and I'll probably get some flack for this statement, but I'd sooner eat at Babbo again than Daniel. 3 people, 8 total dishes, and not one of them was a dud (quite the contrary).

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I'd sooner eat at Babbo again than Daniel.
I'm with you.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Have a rez at Stone Barns for next month. Have not been in almost two years.
Lunch or dinner?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Manresa is great. I haven't tried Coi. I will try to go next time. I'd invite you, Kyle, but only if you promise to show up.

Damn buddy, that's cold. I'd have rather been with you that day, trust me. You should try Coi though!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i honestly like to be rushed through my meal/courses and am not into long dining experiences.

a few restaurants never disappoint, though my expectations vary in the first place:

morimoto
lupa
mesa grill
craft

i guess i am a plebe and like to keep it simple.

Originally Posted by JayJay
I've not been to the Laundry but my friends who have were not impressed. I've been to Per Se as well as the same friends, and we all enjoyed it greatly.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they are a client of my closest friend's and the fucker gets to go like once a month.

I think you will like it. Budget some time to walk around Stone Barns before your meal. The Berkshire pork there (recipes change all the time) is always great.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lunch or dinner?

Dinner. Do they even serve lunch? That is, apart from the little cafe thingy, which I have eaten at.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dinner. Do they even serve lunch? That is, apart from the little cafe thingy, which I have eaten at.

They do on weekends only (could be on Sundays only...). I really liked going for lunch because the light in that place is completely different and the experience of walking around after lunch is an added bonus.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm with you.

And for great Italian, I had an excellent experience at a SF member's place. Will return.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.