• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best fitting men's pant

wheelerray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabbimark
in my experience, I've consistently had the best no-alterations luck with Boss, specifically the James Brown. Flat front, but not made for Hedi Slimane's favorite stick model.

Bingo. Same exact pants for me. I just took my Boss "James Brown" model to my tailor to copy in different fabrics. Best fitting pants I own.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgfny
Anyone comment on the current fit for the Gap or BR? For women, they actually have a nice fit.
I have a pair of cotton dress pants from the Gap that fit really, really well. Also, BR pants seem to fit fairly democratically, at least in my size (32x33-ish).

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I can't see how this will be helpful to you because fit varies so much between individuals
nod[1].gif

tgfny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
nod[1].gif

Trying to hit my target demo. 40-60 yr old successful men, so the Heidi Slimanne cuts ain't cuttin' it.

ineffable

Reaction score
I agree with tom ford for gucci (although the flare is a bit exaggerated on some of them) and also purple label's recent cuts. The rise on incotex is a bit high for my taste, but i don't fit within your target age range anyhow.

Also I have a pair of bottega veneta pants that fit pretty much perfectly. Maybe looking into that would be a good idea.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ineffable
I agree with tom ford for gucci (although the flare is a bit exaggerated on some of them) and also purple label's recent cuts. The rise on incotex is a bit high for my taste, but i don't fit within your target age range anyhow.

Also I have a pair of bottega veneta pants that fit pretty much perfectly. Maybe looking into that would be a good idea.

I've been fond of Purple Label trousers, I purchased quite a few at the recent Saks final cut sale. Anyone know who makes these now? It's not St. Andrews is it?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgfny
Anyone comment on the current fit for the Gap or BR? For women, they actually have a nice fit.

-Both are vastly inferior due to poor materials, and I used to buy a fair amount before I knew better, their cuts are quite modern/city/urban.

Incotex, Borrelli, Brioni,Kiton etc. all make immensely better pants due to a solid foundation of better construction, materials and can be had on ebay new for what a new pair of BR suit pants can cost. BR uses some pretty flimsy material which you notice after wearing some of these better names.

Incotex and Brioni make more traditional fitting trousers. Borrelli makes some very narrow fitting shoe showing trousers. All can be easily purchased for less than 150 and well worth it at that price range. 2 lycra? you must be joking.

J has referral links...I just bought another pair of Khaki Borrelli off of VCHorse(Lance for) for under $150. And Incotex/Brioni are some of my fav's as well.

I will say I do like the 5% lycra 95% cotton t shirts by BR with jeans when dressing down.

tgfny

Reaction score
Talking about fit, not construction.

Originally Posted by Soph
-Both are vastly inferior due to poor materials, and I used to buy a fair amount before I knew better, their cuts are quite modern/city/urban.

Incotex, Borrelli, Brioni,Kiton etc. all make immensely better pants due to a solid foundation of better construction, materials and can be had on ebay new for what a new pair of BR suit pants can cost. BR uses some pretty flimsy material which you notice after wearing some of these better names.

Incotex and Brioni make more traditional fitting trousers. Borrelli makes some very narrow fitting shoe showing trousers. All can be easily purchased for less than 150 and well worth it at that price range. 2 lycra? you must be joking.

J has referral links...I just bought another pair of Khaki Borrelli off of VCHorse(Lance for) for under $150. And Incotex/Brioni are some of my fav's as well.

I will say I do like the 5% lycra 95% cotton t shirts by BR with jeans when dressing down.

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
. Borrelli makes some very narrow fitting shoe showing trousers.

I find that the legs of my Borrellis are narrow, but the seat tends to be huge with a capital H.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads