• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best fitting "casual" oxford shirts? i.e., able to be worn untucked, slim fit, etc.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to find a perfect fitting oxford that comes in a few different colors.. I am looking for one that can be worn untucked, fits slim, good quality, etc. I have tried Thom Browne (looks ridic untucked and I am 6'1"), J. Crew sunfaded ones I like but the medium is too baggy and small is too small after just one wash...

Any other options? I saw Bonobos has some of their house brand but I have no experience

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ann D? Mugler has some good options too?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BoO or Gitman?

BoO are too short imo atleast on me @ 6'1", as for Gitman, i havent tried them in a few years since when they first started to become popular again, but I remember them being quite puffy/baggy in the back... maybe that is different now, gotta stop by barneys and try em again

Outlier has a really nice stuff, this shirt is more reasonably priced than most: http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/northeast-pivot-sleeve-shirt.html

That looks nice but in the pics on the site it looks like it would prob. be too short, atleast on that guy its looks it

amongmany

Reaction score
The Lands' End Canvas Oxfords are really nice, but run on the large side. I have a few smalls from a while back that fit great, but when I ordered a couple more recently they were too big. Might fit you nicely though as it sounds like you're a little bigger than I am (I'm 5'8).

captainfunk

Reaction score

ahk1979

Reaction score
Sounds like we are about the same size and I find the Our Legacy Placket button down shirts in size small to be a great fit. Too bad they don't make many anymore.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RRL oxfords have a great fit when untucked.

+1. Also Paul Smith London. Agree that TB shirts are too long. I was planning to wear one untucked but it looked silly. Swaped it out for a stripped RRL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads