• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best film depiction of Che Guevara

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
With the current speculation on whether his compatriot Fidel is still alive (or still dead), I thought it a propos to see who members think did the best film version of Che Guevara, from Omar Sharif in 1968's unintentionally campy Che! to Georges Corraface and Billy Zane's sci-fi versions of him in Escape from L.A. and CQ, respectively. Should there be any doubt, I'm not a Che fran.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Should there be any doubt, I'm not a Che fran.
Commies always lie.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Commies always lie.

As I am not a commie, what bearing does that have on me? Who was _your_ favorite movie Che?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Commies always lie.

History shows that capitalist are not adverse to it either.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
History shows that capitalist are not adverse to it either.
Stay on topic, please. This is about Che on film, not about Manton being a tool of the bourgeoisie.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Peter Falk, in a Twilight Zone episode. Wait, I think that was supposed to be Castro.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ernesto 'Lurch' Mantona
Peter Falk, in a Twilight Zone episode. Wait, I think that was supposed to be Castro.

If you want to jawbone about Castro, make your own poll. I think someone played him in the opening scenes to the first Naked Gun movie.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Please keep the CE out of a movie discussion.

To answer the OP, I'd vote Billy Zane in CQ but that's me. I think there's a new CHE movie out, is this the one with Del Toro?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Please keep the CE out of a movie discussion.
Fair point, but isn't it a bit difficult when Che (I'm not a fran) was nothing but political? How could a film not have some sort of political bias?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From all photographic images, Che looked like a disheveled ragamuffin though one must admit, that celebrated picture of him really is superb iconography. However, I find this much more chic:
che-guevara.jpg
Obscure South American military officers in the mid-century and someone with a Leica M-series camera photographing a dead revolutionary, how fun is that?

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone help me out here. What's more pathetic, some dupe walking around wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt, or Cameron Diaz walking around Peru's Machu Picchu carrying a green bag with a red star and the phrase "Serve the people" in Chinese. Someone?....Anyone?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Cameron is worse, because she is rubbing the Peruvian's nose in their suffering. Easy for her to do, as a tourist from a Hollywood Hills.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never found Cameron Diaz to be particularly intelligent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads