1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best/Favorite Graphic T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Distinguished Member

Just got back from NYC and the breadth of graphic T's at the shops I went to is mind-blowing. I've never been a huge graphic t fan, however I was definitely surprised with many of the prints I saw over the weekend. Here are a couple opinions:

Favorite - The Cast: Amazingly detailed graphics, many of which have a darker, comicish theme (the castle print is by far my favorite graphic t of all-time) combined with a great quality t-shirt definite put The Cast square in the lead for my favorite graphic t label.

Best New Find - Salvor: Knew nothing about the label before this weekend except for the fact Odin carried them. They're kind of generic in theme (deer, eagles, cantelope, etc.), however they're soooo pretty. Very well-made and soft to boot. My brother bought four of these at $65 each and he's the cheapest person I know.

Most Overrated - Rogues Gallery: Ugh.

Wha...? - Tankfarm: Genericana epitomized by a shirt.

2. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

To be honest.. I'm having trouble deciding. Is there a place to view those that you reference online?

3. Manny Calavera

Tankfarm - www.tankfarmclothing.com
    Rogues Gallery and The Cast - http://www.activeendeavors.com/ (I've never been able to find a homepage for The Cast, never really cared about RG [​IMG] .)
    Salvor - Again, the reason I was so surprised with the "Jay Allen of the East Coast" is because I had never seen one of their shirts in real life before. If someone can fill us in with an e-source (same with The Cast) please do.

4. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior Member

Salvor - http://www.salvornyc.com The Cast - http://www.thecast.com I remember hearing about Salvor awhile back, but I was never able to find any site on the web that sold their shirts. Like you said, they had some interesting nature/animal prints at the time. I think the only thing I could find by them for sale on-line was some pillows or pillow shams. The Cast website is cool in that they have all of their shirts and sweatshirts for sale directly. You can even order designs from previous seasons.

5. Manny Calavera

Salvor - http://www.salvornyc.com The Cast - http://www.thecast.com I remember hearing about Salvor awhile back, but I was never able to find any site on the web that sold their shirts. Like you said, they had some interesting nature/animal prints at the time. I think the only thing I could find by them for sale on-line was some pillows or pillow shams. The Cast website is cool in that they have all of their shirts and sweatshirts for sale directly. You can even order designs from previous seasons.
    Whoa! Thanks a lot. The Cast e-shop is getting a ton of my money. And Odin ships (sometimes), so they you might be able to get Salvor from them. However, when I was there over the weekend they had limited sizes (lots of S and XS, little of M and up, which was unfortunate because I wear M).

6. twin8885

twin8885 Senior Member

The rogues gallery stuff is nice if you take it for what it is, he is not mass producing a garment. Each one is unique and from a vintage tee. I was at the earnest cut and sew store last week and I thought the rogues gallrey section blew away the earnest sewn part.

In terms of favorite, I still think that trovata makes great tees, nice tee with simple graphics. For a more edgier look Topless and Drifter do nice in their perspective catagories.

7. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

I'm a fan of the fit on the Trovata tees. Any suggestions that would fit similar?

8. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior Member

my favorite graphic tee are:
    boss orange
    morphine generation
    buddhist punk
    amplified
    salvage
    juicy couture
    english laundry
    stussy

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Definitely a fan of the cast prints. The artwork in them is very cool, though I sometimes doubt its originality. Still cool, even if they take the calligraphy from outside sources.

10. viking_mike

viking_mike Senior Member

i hate graphic tees because i am too picky and it is hard to come buy ones i like that don't cost as much as a pair of jeans do. some of the dior homme ones aren't bad, but they are more text than graphic (i am not sure but i think they made a gun shot/blood wound tee too as well as the shits, but that was made from sequence and shit). i saw one tee that just had random newspapers on it which was pretty clever. overall i am stumped to find graphic tees i like consistently...sometimes i will find one out of the blue.

11. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

I believe I'm going with death skull and skull woman. Nice tees.

I need more graphic tees

12. Dill

Dill Senior Member

I have accumulated quite a nice graphic tee collection in the last year or so and my favorite ones are from Trovata, Ever (softest t ever), Rogues Gallery, Jay Allen, and Corpus. I would also really like Rag&Bone tees if I could find a small or the medium fit better.

13. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior Member

What's the most you guys have shelled out for a T-Shirt?

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

chateau roux soho tower

15. Babar

Babar Senior Member

What's the most you guys have shelled out for a T-Shirt?

Probably the $60 I paid for this. I love the design and fit though.

I'm also a fan of Corpus tees, and some of the past season Dior Homme stuff, but a lot of the stuff I have is no-name or from threadless.