• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best fast food chain burger?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
I haven't had either in maybe over a year, but to claim 5 guys is garbage in comparison to them is pretty laughable. This thread is about FF chain, and again, if there is another FF chain that has a better burger in the NYC area, holler at the kid.

Who was claiming that wendys/bk/mcds were head and shoulders above 5guys? I think people just aren't a big fan of 5guys. I don't think it's all that good. But just because i don't really think 5guys is good doesn't mean my only other option is to eat mcds/bk/wendys. I can just go to another establishment or eat something besides a burger

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eagle
The Angus burgers currently being sold by McDonald's are a vast improvement over their other burger offerings...more heavily seasoned and much juicier, the way a good burger ought to be! Although my favorite burger is Red Robyn's Royal Red Robyn burger...the fried egg puts it over the top!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
anybody mention Swiss mushroom angus burger from Mcdonalds???

I don't know dudes, I've tried the Swiss/Mushroom Angus and hated it. And I am the guy who actually loves the swiss/mayo/mushroom combo.

Maybe I will give the bacon/cheese one a try....

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Who was claiming that wendys/bk/mcds were head and shoulders above 5guys? I think people just aren't a big fan of 5guys. I don't think it's all that good. But just because i don't really think 5guys is good doesn't mean my only other option is to eat mcds/bk/wendys. I can just go to another establishment or eat something besides a burger

That's pretty obvious dude. My response is specific to the topic of the Thread, unlike yours.

To each their rightful own, but in the vein of the thread topic there aren't many FF chain places in NYC, that i know of, that can compete with 5 guys. Pound for Pound, Dollar for Dollar, Burger for Burger, Chain for Chain. Period.

[Pointless, but i guess necessary, disclaimer].

This is my opinion as it relates to this topic and in no way means I only eat burgers from 5 guys when I know I have other options, including a salad

duffy

Reaction score
5 guys is awesome and definitely qualifies as fast food, they also have fresh cut fries that remind me of steak escape and outback. for some reason i never eat there, oh well

I tried the new "angus" burger from McD, it was horrible, could not even finish it and i was lifted.

I'll also throw some kudos to whataburger, slow service but they have chicken strips with gravy and toast on the menu, great chicken sandwich as well

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to order the McGangBang?

mcgangbang.jpg

It's a McChicken sandwich inside a double cheesburger. 970 calories, 43 grams fat, 93 g carbs, 53 g protein, almost 2000 mg sodium. Only $2.16.

For a good fast food chain burger, I'd have to nominate a local chain.

--Andre

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Has anyone ever tried to order the McGangBang?

mcgangbang.jpg

It's a McChicken sandwich inside a double cheesburger. 970 calories, 43 grams fat, 93 g carbs, 53 g protein, almost 2000 mg sodium. Only $2.16.

For a good fast food chain burger, I'd have to nominate a local chain.

--Andre

Holy heart-attack, Batman!

This reminds me of the gross "eating challenges" people used to do in high school. And by "people" I mean sometimes me. At Taco Bell.
redface.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to BK in a while, and this thread made me go look at the menu on their website. WTF?! Now they have a tripple Whopper with bacon AND a quad stacker burger with four pieces of meat and cheese... with bacon. The double Whopper was a lot of food for me, I can't imagine people complaining that it wasn't enough food. And people wonder why there's an obesity problem...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow mcgangbang sounds awesome.

I kinda wanna do an upscale version of maybe southern chicken + bigmac or angus burger?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Holy heart-attack, Batman!

This reminds me of the gross "eating challenges" people used to do in high school. And by "people" I mean sometimes me. At Taco Bell.
redface.gif

A guy i knew in high school ate 5 wendys triple stacks with cheese and full toppings in under an hour. The first 4 only took like 25 minutes but the last one took a full 30. I didn't watch but i know other people who witnessed and said it was horrifying

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Vera's Burger Shack if we're allowed to talk about local chains.
20060529_veras1.jpg
I don't think that counts as fast food, though. Fast food should be ubiquitous and have thousands of locations. Limit this thread to BK, Wendy's, McDix, Jack in the Box, A&W, Dairy Queen, Hardy's, Carl's Jr., and maybe one or two I'm forgetting and be specific, otherwise this just turns into another "best burger ever" thread. I enjoy the angry whopper and the flamethrower but I don't eat much fast food.

Been to Vera's a couple times whilst in Vancouver. Pretty good burgers and quite a bit of customization available. My favorite from Vancouver was the Kobe burger at Pinky's Steakhouse, not fast food but delicious eitherway. In-N-Out is good, but I guess they're localized mostly to CA...besides that I can't think of any fast food burgers I actually like.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In-Out-Good good, and can be very good, but overrated.

I love the double western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's Jr.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I had a good workout (empty stomach) this morning, and decide to go for the bang. McDs sounded crappy, so I headed for BK. Made a BK Naked Gangbang = BK Double Cheeseburger + spicy chik'n patty. Chased it down with some chocolate milk and 6 chicken fries. It was DAMN good. Nutritional breakdown: -6 chicken fries 250 calories 15g fat 16g carbs 14g protein -BK Double Cheeseburger 510 calories 29g fat 31g carbs 30g protein -Crispy Chicken Patty (estimated subtracting bun, mayo) 300 calories 15g fat 10g carbs 12g protein -Hershey's Chocolate Milk 180 calories 2.5g ft 31g carbs 9g protein TOTAL: 1240 calories, 61.5g fat 88g carbs 65g protein.. DAMNIT. I need moar protein!!! Gonna go make a shake.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Been to Vera's a couple times whilst in Vancouver. Pretty good burgers and quite a bit of customization available. My favorite from Vancouver was the Kobe burger at Pinky's Steakhouse, not fast food but delicious eitherway.
If we weren't talking fast food it would be moderne burger for the win. It's amazing. Although it used to be even better before they shut down for renovations last year. If you have a time machine and can go eat there circa 2005, you will have tasted the burger at its pinnacle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads