1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best fast food chain burger?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by IndianBoyz, Jul 28, 2009.

1. LuxeStyles

LuxeStyles Senior member

2. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

I never had one growing up in the states, but had a Carl's Jr. Fatburger here in Singapore recently that was pretty delicious.

In terms of regional chains, I really like the Kua Aina Burger in Hawaii and the carrot stick garnish.

Also tried an "R-burger" the other day which is a chain in Japan and recently just came to singapore. Probably will be hated by purists, but it was actually quite tasty. Served in a steamed bun with added collagen, miso paste and a shiso leaf.

[​IMG]

What does collagen taste like?

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I never knew that an In-n-out burger was such a thing of beauty. Details mag agrees.

[​IMG]

mmmm. going to go get one today.

however this one looks really bad in how it got chewed. looks like some kid with braces with ramen remnants sticking from his braces took a bite out of it.

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

In-n-Out is so freakin' overrated. Burgers are okay. What's up with their little bitch meat patties? You have to get 4 meat patties so you're just not tasting bread and sauce.

Did I say In-n-Out was overrated?

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i dont think it is overrated as much as just people like you and me just saying 'hey, i like in n out". it has got alot of benign popularity, but if you hear it so much and it becomes ubiquitous, then you see it as being overrated . no?

6. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

[​IMG] Five Guys not only tastes better than In & Out, it LOOKS better in pictures!

7. teddieriley

i dont think it is overrated as much as just people like you and me just saying 'hey, i like in n out". it has got alot of benign popularity, but if you hear it so much and it becomes ubiquitous, then you see it as being overrated . no?

Huh? Have you been reading this thread? All these chicks LOVE In-n-out and they are saying it is the "Best fast food chain burger." Therefore, it is overrated by the chicks in this thread.

I think it is good, but not that good. When I crave a burger, which is always, I almost never think of going to in-n-out - probably once out of every 50 times.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

i still don't get 5 guys. expensive junk

9. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

Being from Canada, most of our burger places suck fucking balls. I went down to the US a couple weeks ago and tried In N Out.... Godly.

But close seconds to Checkers IMO.

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Huh? Have you been reading this thread? All these chicks LOVE In-n-out and they are saying it is the "Best fast food chain burger." Therefore, it is overrated by the chicks in this thread.

I think it is good, but not that good. When I crave a burger, which is always, I almost never think of going to in-n-out - probably once out of every 50 times.

Have you come out of the closet yet? 'Cause if you haven't, it seems like you might be happier if you just hurried up and did it.

11. teddieriley

Have you come out of the closet yet? 'Cause if you haven't, it seems like you might be happier if you just hurried up and did it.

Whu? Go eat an In-in-Out burger with Pat.

Any new stories by the way?

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i always craving a burger too. since you are local tell me a couple of places i can go quickly to go bring back some burgers that are economical in the area

13. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

5Guys is a better burger than In-n-Out, but maybe more people like In-n-Out because the price is bit cheaper.

14. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

[​IMG]

Five Guys not only tastes better than In & Out, it LOOKS better in pictures!

None of the Five Guys burgers I've gotten look like that. They always look drippy, greasy, and mushed having been tightly wrapped in the aluminum foil they use.

15. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Wow that picture that Ron posted is really making my mouth water. I need to get to 5 guys asap.

16. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I will be eating at In N Out on Sunday. I am a fan of 5 Guys. Since I am the only trustworthy palate on this entire forum, I hope that you will all subscribe to this thread and read my opinion, and then realize that if you disagree with me, you are wrong. Thx.

17. Gotham

Gotham Senior member

None of the Five Guys burgers I've gotten look like that. They always look drippy, greasy, and mushed having been tightly wrapped in the aluminum foil they use.

Yeah Ive never gotten a burger that looks anything like that from Five guys. That picture has airbrush all over it

18. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Being from Canada, most of our burger places suck fucking balls. I went down to the US a couple weeks ago and tried In N Out.... Godly.

But close seconds to Checkers IMO.

I used to have fond memories of Licks (like 1996 memories). But was very dissapointed last time I went there. I think they have the ingredients for a good burger, but maybe are so paranoid about undercooking the patty that it just comes out like chalk.

19. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I never knew that an In-n-out burger was such a thing of beauty. Details mag agrees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Five Guys not only tastes better than In & Out, it LOOKS better in pictures!

I don't care much that my burger looks like a piece of art, and tomatoes for me are a no-no. I like the mushy look of the in-n-out. It also helps that I only ever take pickles, onions, ketchup, and mustard on my burgers, hence the 5 guys looks like it's over-compensating.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This is what a 5guys burger really looks like.
    [​IMG]

This is what an In N Out burger really looks like.
    [​IMG]

I'm just sayin.