1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best fast food chain burger?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by IndianBoyz, Jul 28, 2009.

1. bobyoung7

bobyoung7 Well-Known Member

The Varsity Atlanta and Athens GA

2. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I love the varsity, but I only order dogs.

3. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

It's a good burger but it is the fries that sell it. I also do not consider them fast food.

Absolutely, I can list at least 5 places that murder 5 guys just on burger quality, taste and overall presentation. But, since i consider them to be a local fast food chain -- i can't think of another competition with similar number of stores -- that can come close. If someone else can tell me of a competitor in the NYC area that has a better combination of Burger and Fries, please I'm all ears.

4. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

More fuel for the In-N-Out/Five Guys debate. [​IMG]

Chefs Who Love In-N-Out Burger
    Nate Appleman, A16 and SPQR, San Francisco
    Joey Campanaro, The Little Owl, New York City
    Paul Bartolotta, Bartolotta, Las Vegas
    Alton Brown, host of Iron Chef America
    Guy Fieri, host of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
    Tyler Florence, host of Tyler's Ultimate
    David Myers, Sona and Comme Ca, Los Angeles
    Thomas Keller, The French Laundry, Yountville, California and Per Se, New York City
    Charlie Palmer, Aureole, New York City and Charlie Palmer Steak, multiple locations

5. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Harvey's. Best fast food burger (the classic) ever, IMO. Full of salt, grease, and tastes more like a sausage patty than beef.

Otherwise, I like those burgers (they have a distinct taste) that taste like the burgers I used to eat after baseball games when I was a kid.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

I had 5 guys again the other day.

Disappointed.

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Five Guys is garbage.

8. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Culver's - a chain based in Wisconsin with a few locations in suburban Chicago (also great frozen custard, which puts "soft-serve" to shame).

Sonic - which is mostly located in the South but which has recently moved into Chicago's outer 'burbs.

9. oroy38

oroy38 Senior member

In-n-Out is definitely the best fast-food burger. Depending on how hungry I am, I usually get 1 or 2 double doubles with extra grilled onions and animal style fries and wash the cholesterol down with a root beer.

10. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

In-n-Out is definitely the best fast-food burger. Depending on how hungry I am, I usually get 1 or 2 double doubles with extra grilled onions and animal style fries and wash the cholesterol down with a root beer.

Agreed. In-N-Out reigns supreme in the fast food world.

11. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

In-N-Out burgers are the best, I get a 4x4 protein style where, instead of a bun, it's in lettuce.

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Five Guys is garbage.

explain yourself.

13. saint

saint Senior member

Culvers is great, like 5 Guys, but neither of them are fast food. In-n-Out wins for fast food, BK for nationally available fast food, but the fries at both places suck. The best thing about 5 Guys is that you can get your fries well done.

14. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Culvers is great, like 5 Guys, but neither of them are fast food. In-n-Out wins for fast food, BK for nationally available fast food, but the fries at both places suck. The best thing about 5 Guys is that you can get your fries well done.

You can get them well done at In-N-Out... you just ask for it. You can ask for "light" fries and "well done." You can even get them with cheese on top or with the "animal style" sauce on them.

15. jet

jet Senior member

Personally I hate burnt fries, I order fries light at in n out and get them barely cooked so they're all perfectly golden.

16. djh

djh Senior member

Had the well-done fries a couple weeks ago. Terrible.. like bricks.

in-and-out is good, but im always hungry an hour or two after.

double meat, no cheese, grilled onions.

17. Eagle

Eagle Senior member

The Angus burgers currently being sold by McDonald's are a vast improvement over their other burger offerings...more heavily seasoned and much juicier, the way a good burger ought to be! Although my favorite burger is Red Robyn's Royal Red Robyn burger...the fried egg puts it over the top! [​IMG]

18. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

If 5 guys is garbage, i wonder what you think about McDonalds and/or Wendy's ?

19. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

You know, you don't actually have to eat mcdonalds or wendys. I don' think i've have mcds/wendys/bk burger since i was like 8 years old

20. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I haven't had either in maybe over a year, but to claim 5 guys is garbage in comparison to them is pretty laughable. This thread is about FF chain, and again, if there is another FF chain that has a better burger in the NYC area, holler at the kid.