Best fast food chain burger?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by IndianBoyz, Jul 28, 2009.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I don't really consider Five Guys fast food. You wait for your food 100% of the time you order, and there is no drive through.
    1) I don't know what a drive-through is and don't want to know. Certainly having one has nothing to do with being a fast food place - considering all the urban fast food places.
    2) You wait a few minutes at 5 Guys but you also wait a few minutes at In n Out, or any place where the burgers are made to order.

If 5G is not fast food, what exactly is it? There's no table service and you eat a burger wrapped in paper along with fries in a paper cup...

2. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

1) I don't know what a drive-through is and don't want to know. Certainly having one has nothing to do with being a fast food place - considering all the urban fast food places.
    2) You wait a few minutes at 5 Guys but you also wait a few minutes at In n Out, or any place where the burgers are made to order.

If 5G is not fast food, what exactly is it? There's no table service and you eat a burger wrapped in paper along with fries in a paper cup...

In-n-Out was founded on drive-through service, so if you've been to In-n-Out you would have seen the drive-through lane and the focus on, well, getting "in and out" quickly. In fact, I believe that the relatively recent San Francisco location was the first In-n-Out burger not to feature a drive-through lane, but that may be urban legend.

Like others, I haven't considered 5 Guys to meet the fast food definition because it doesn't have a drive through, ever, and your burger doesn't even get started until after you've ordered. It's pretty close, I suppose, but no closer than your typical pizzeria or sandwich shop, which I also would not consider fast food.

3. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

This is really a connundrum.

Five Guys also uses NO INGREDIENTS that were ever frozen.... It's a quick-service or economy specialty franchise food joint. It is hard to say, though, that it's closer to Applebee's or Friday's than McDonalds.

4. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

I thought I remember reading someplace that Five Guys tries to get your food out within 7 minutes of ordering. I've never timed it as I usually pass the time by eating the free peanuts.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

In-n-Out was founded on drive-through service, so if you've been to In-n-Out you would have seen the drive-through lane and the focus on, well, getting "in and out" quickly. In fact, I believe that the relatively recent San Francisco location was the first In-n-Out burger not to feature a drive-through lane, but that may be urban legend.
    That's interesting background but my points 1 and 2 were unrelated so I'm not sure what you're trying to say or respond to with the In n Out story.
    Like others, I haven't considered 5 Guys to meet the fast food definition because it doesn't have a drive through, ever, and your burger doesn't even get started until after you've ordered. It's pretty close, I suppose, but no closer than your typical pizzeria or sandwich shop, which I also would not consider fast food.
    A sandwich shop is a fast food place. A pizza joint that serves you stuff to go is a fast food place. A pizzeria were you sit down and are served at your table is not a fast food joint. Living in an urban area, the whole drive-through parameter is simply irrelevant to me. None of the fast food joints where I live have drive-throughs.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

anybody mention Swiss mushroom angus burger from Mcdonalds???

that is the one thing that makes me go back to mcdonalds on occasion.

also their fries and apple pies and mcnuggets.
    and their quarter pounders .
    and occasionally their filet o fish

7. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

2 cheeseburgesr cost less than a double cheeseburger in Sydney, Australia

MY favorite is buying 2 cheeseburgers and stacking them on top of each other. More bread and more pickles than a regular double cheeseburger.

8. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

The new McDonald's Angus Burgers are surprisingly good. I also like a Wendy's classic triple every now and then.

9. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Could have been taekwondo or something. Well Jai Ho to you and your boxing comrade.

Sorry, but Indians are the worst athletes in the world. How can a country with over a billion people win only three medals in the 2008 summer olympics (and only ONE in 2004)???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Su...cs_medal_table

10. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Another vote for Whataburger in Texas. 5 Guys is good, but they serve their burgers well done, for which they receive demerits.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

harvey's

12. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

Bobby's burger palace... Does that count?

13. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

In&Out..no contest

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

MOS Burger! Then Freshness burger.

15. cchen

cchen Senior member

MOS Burger! Then Freshness burger.

Sick. I was really craving a burger when I was working in Singapore and got one from MOS Burger. Utterly disgusting.