1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best dressed statesman?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thracozaag, Aug 22, 2003.

1. cristobal

cristobal Well-Known Member

Sorry to dredge up an older topic, but check out the front page of today's (24 Sep) Financial Times. They're running pictures of Bush, Chirac, and Annan addressing the General Assembly yesterday. Annan takes the prize, again, with the peaked lapels and a great tie.

The photos are wire (reuters) so you may be able to find them elsewhere.

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i saw the speeches on pbs yesterday, and yes, kofi looked by far the most elegant and stately.

this may be heresy to some of you, but i think bush's suits are just too big on him. i've read that he is dressed by oxxford, custom jobs and so forth. but i've seen him without a jacket, and he has a rather smallish frame. seeing him dressed up in a baggy suit with big shoulders, he looks silly to me. also, that tie knot was way too small for the collar he chose to wear; very distracting.

btw, kofi gave the best speech. he is a very intelligent, caring, and eloquent man. i'd vote for him for president regardless of where he's from.

3. Valmont

Valmont Senior member

Best dressed stateswoman; definitely the great Anna Lindh. Unfortunately a raging maniac took her life before she had a chance to become more well known internationally. Her warm smile always completed any outfit she wore, her sense of of style among the otherwise boring Swedish politicans will be greatly missed.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Yikes, this is old. But what about Arlen Specter? Not the best dressed man around, but certainly one of the best dressed politicians.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DM.ru

DM.ru Well-Known Member

Russian president..Brioni...