1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

best dressed NFL player

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bslo, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bslo

bslo Senior Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...0/threads1206/ Funny that this is supposedly the best dressed player. Â I guess the clothes could be worse, although I don't understand the ubiquitous NFL look of the super high button stance. Â Seems like a different cut would be more flattering.

2. Phil

Phil Senior Member

Great photo, now I know the buttoning protocol on a 5 button suit. button the top 4, leave the bottom undone. I will keep that in mind next time I am in the Pimps r us clothing shop.

My vote for best dressed NFL player is either Tiki Barber or Curtis Martin. Both look great, and seem to really enjoy getting dressed up. I think the fact that they are somewhat normal sized men helps too. a 300 pound offensive lineman is never really going to look all that elegant.

3. petescolari

petescolari Senior Member

I'm a Pats fan, but I think I would have to vote for Tom Brady over Seymour's suit. What's up with the square edge of the jacket bottom? What do you call that cut? It looks like a bowling shirt with.

4. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

He outweighs me by 75 pounds so I doubt I'd say it to his face but I think that suit isn't much to speak of. The lapels are bad, it looks like he has four or five buttons on it and square toe shoes are way out. I like the fact that he has a pocket square though.

Still, the fact that he's not wearing the typical baggy Enyce/Fubu/Sean John/Tommy Hilfiger outfit that every athlete seems to favor is a good thing.

5. petescolari

petescolari Senior Member

You didn't read the end topic *Mr. Casual* where he likes Sean John jeans.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Wow. This is a must read.

Why is Smith charging only $1800 for his top priced suits, BTW? That's child's stuff. He could easily charge 30% more and still keep his NFL following.

7. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

Oh, I did see that, I just assumed that he usually dresses in suits. Oh well.