• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best dressed men in America

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, forgot about Mos Def. In the scheme of things, even if everyone is talking about Andre 3000 now, Mos Def probably has more natural style. He takes pretty normal things, puts in a bit of kick, and looks amazing most times. The layout in GQ featuring him wearing all things velvet last year was amazing. Definitely Def.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today? In Hollywood, George Clooney isn't a dandy, but he's a (Dean-Martinesque) classic. He doesn't go for the punk, artsy-fartsy Johnny "I don't want to look like I'm trying so I'll dress like a squeegy-man and refuse to bathe or shave" Depp. Otherwise, I think Kelsey Grammar usually looks nice. Perhaps, Pierce Brosnan, Brad Pitt and ... WOW. I can't think of any more from the left coast.

What about Sean Penn, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro? What about Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery (always properly turned out for a black tie event)?

Kelsey Grammar? Maybe, but his real life personality seems inextricable from his "Frasier" persona, and a less manly man I have never conceived of.

Jill

Reaction score
OK, I'll be the first to admit that I've grown dreadfully UN-hip with every passing year....but is THIS the same Andre3000 to which you refer? Â I'd only heard his name, but never seen a pic. Â If so, please tell me you're joking.
Andre3000.gif

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
you guys talking about john malkovich....go into Scott & Co. the owner, scott hill, reminds me SO MUCH of JM. i even asked scott if people said he reminded them of anyone and he said yes and i said John Malkovich and he said yes. their voices are almost identical

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll be the first to admit that I've grown dreadfully UN-hip with every passing year....but is THIS the same Andre3000 to which you refer? I'd only heard his name, but never seen a pic. If so, please tell me you're joking.

No Jill, there is no Santa Claus. That *is* the famous Andre3000. Shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture.... The pictures do him no justice, you've got to watch a video. The guy is a latter day James Brown, without the gut and drugs, and way more moves.

Sevcom

Reaction score
Jill, for a less ... outre Andre, check out Esquire's best dressed men of the year issue. He rocks some snazzy RLPL clothes that on other guys would look fogey-ish. 'sides, he doesn't seem to go for the wild Native American costumes these days; it's more of an especially colourful preppy look. Though even when he was wilder, he looked damn cool.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the Andre 3000 vain of things, yes the man could wear a paper bag and still exude more style than I will ever dressed in Kiton...However, we've forgotten Farnsworth Bentley. Puff Daddy's former Valet/Personal Assistant/Umbrella Carrier
Farnsworth20Bentley.jpg
The man takes preppy and colour matching to a new level. And he has his own line of high-end umbrellas. Here's the website  Aaron

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps we should invite Mr. Bentley to join our forum. According to one blog, his e-mail is [email protected] Anyone want to let him know about us? Bradford

Brian SD

Reaction score
Come on LA Guy, the Strokes?
smile.gif
Those guys are utter tools, their style is pathetic. They look like indie kids with way too much money to spend.

johnw86

Reaction score
In the Andre 3000 vain of things, yes the man could wear a paper bag and still exude more style than I will ever dressed in Kiton...However, we've forgotten Farnsworth Bentley. Puff Daddy's former Valet/Personal Assistant/Umbrella Carrier
Farnsworth20Bentley.jpg
The man takes preppy and colour matching to a new level. And he has his own line of high-end umbrellas. Here's the website  Aaron
I own this vest. Unfortunately, I can't pull off the look quite as well...
sad.gif

@riss

Reaction score
Jude Law easily dresses as well or better than anyone, certainly better than any businessman or news anchor dead or alive. Hedi Slimane has an extremely cool personal style as well. Pharrel has good style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads