1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best dressed mayor?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DandySF, Nov 14, 2003.

1. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

Mayor Willie Brown of San Francisco is surely one of the best, and most carefully, dressed men in the US. Â This picture from today's San Francisco Chronicle might persuade you to share my view. Â He favors Brioni and Kiton suits and shops regularly at Wilkes Bashford. Â Mayor Brown

2. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

I agree, he is something of a dandy. A little flambuoyant maybe, but tastefully done.

3. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I concur; a definite must see for how to dress.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

He dresses well, and appropriately, for his age and position, and the hat adds a nice flourish. On the other hand, the suit or hat on their own would be flourish enough for say, a junior academic, and both would be too much. When I lived in L.A., there was this one guy who hung out at Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena a fair bit, who wore a three-piece and a pocket watch as well as some round specs all the time, as if he had just finished auditioning for some Merchant Ivory film. The difference between him and Willie Brown is that Willie looks the business, while he just looked like a clown.

5. Mike

Mike Senior member

I'm from the Detroit area and the Detroit mayor Kwame Killpatrick is quite a flashy dresser. He dresses in what many people would call "pimp suits"- Double breasted, dark colored suits with bright, bold pinstripes. He is a large man(he played football in college) and the suits accentuate his large frame and make him an opposing looking figure, especially to those who are debating him.

There's a funny story about him- the comedian Chris Rock was with some friends in a hotel room, the television was on and the sound was muted. Mayor Killpatrick was on a show and Chris Rock said to one of his friends, "What did THIS rapper do now?" or words to that effect. Then he put the sound back on and learned he was the mayor of Detroit. Chris Rock then used him as an inspiration for his performance in the movie "Head Of State."