• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Dressed Detroiters????

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, at the risk of ragging on my city . . . well, more ragging on this magazine, you guys have to see this garbage. Obviously the author is a nut, these people, with the notable exception of Carl Sterr and Rhonda Walker, are either dressed flat-out horribly or else inappropriately for their body types . . . in my opinion mind you.

Go ahead, check it out . . .

http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detr...iters-of-2008/

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking only at the men: I thought a fair few were ok. If anything, I thought Carl Sterr was not up to scratch, buttoning point too high, big armholes. There were a lot of DBs in the bunch. Danny Victor, page two on the far right was probably the best dressed overall.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Makes me sad theses are the best dressed of my city. Some of them were ok though. I'd have to agree with yf that Danny Victor was the best dressed, only one that I really notice out of the bunch. Lots of DB's considering I rarely see any DB's.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jferg4350
Lots of DB's considering I rarely see any DB's.

Are you kidding? This city is loaded with douchebags. It stands to reason that a few would make it on this list.
tongue.gif

tlmusic

Reaction score
Ouch!

However, I've seen both Fieger and Sterr dressed in ensembles that look pretty good--I guess those outfits were at the dry cleaners or something when the photoshoot was taken.

Now, for true comic relief they should do a story on the best dressed people my hometown: Ann Arbor!
lol8[1].gif

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlmusic
Ouch!

However, I've seen both Fieger and Sterr dressed in ensembles that look pretty good--I guess those outfits were at the dry cleaners or something when the photoshoot was taken.

Now, for true comic relief they should do a story on the best dressed people my hometown: Ann Arbor!
lol8[1].gif

Fieger looks like he's about ready to get all I Dream of Genie on the photographer.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Are you kidding? This city is loaded with douchebags. It stands to reason that a few would make it on this list.
tongue.gif

I mostly see 4 or even 5 button suits
cry.gif

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that list of people started out OK, but after page 2 it went downhill a bit. Well-dressed for the most-part, but perhaps not "best" dressed.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like it should be best dressed from 1978, not 2008. What a timewarp. I know most of the creatives at Hour, so this doesn't surprise me.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Where is Kwami? haha

Surprisingly, orange jumpsuits aren't high fashion in Detroit.

It is funny that the #1 is Chauncy... who has since returned to his home town of Denver to play for the Nuggets.

Maybe AI will be the best dressed next year.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some hot girls on page 8! Danny Victor is probably the best dressed of the depicted men.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kas
Those are some hot girls on page 8! Danny Victor is probably the best dressed of the depicted men.

Beat me to it. I've taken a particular liking to Jennifer Knapp. Not usually into the short haired look but she pulls it off extremely well.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
tongue.gif

Truer words were never spoken.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kas

Agreed, although his barber/stylist should be shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads