• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Dressed Detroiters????

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, at the risk of ragging on my city . . . well, more ragging on this magazine, you guys have to see this garbage. Obviously the author is a nut, these people, with the notable exception of Carl Sterr and Rhonda Walker, are either dressed flat-out horribly or else inappropriately for their body types . . . in my opinion mind you.

Go ahead, check it out . . .

http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detr...iters-of-2008/

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking only at the men: I thought a fair few were ok. If anything, I thought Carl Sterr was not up to scratch, buttoning point too high, big armholes. There were a lot of DBs in the bunch. Danny Victor, page two on the far right was probably the best dressed overall.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Makes me sad theses are the best dressed of my city. Some of them were ok though. I'd have to agree with yf that Danny Victor was the best dressed, only one that I really notice out of the bunch. Lots of DB's considering I rarely see any DB's.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jferg4350
Lots of DB's considering I rarely see any DB's.

Are you kidding? This city is loaded with douchebags. It stands to reason that a few would make it on this list.

tlmusic

Reaction score
Ouch!

However, I've seen both Fieger and Sterr dressed in ensembles that look pretty good--I guess those outfits were at the dry cleaners or something when the photoshoot was taken.

Now, for true comic relief they should do a story on the best dressed people my hometown: Ann Arbor!

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlmusic
Ouch!

However, I've seen both Fieger and Sterr dressed in ensembles that look pretty good--I guess those outfits were at the dry cleaners or something when the photoshoot was taken.

Now, for true comic relief they should do a story on the best dressed people my hometown: Ann Arbor!

Fieger looks like he's about ready to get all I Dream of Genie on the photographer.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Are you kidding? This city is loaded with douchebags. It stands to reason that a few would make it on this list.

I mostly see 4 or even 5 button suits

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that list of people started out OK, but after page 2 it went downhill a bit. Well-dressed for the most-part, but perhaps not "best" dressed.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like it should be best dressed from 1978, not 2008. What a timewarp. I know most of the creatives at Hour, so this doesn't surprise me.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Where is Kwami? haha

Surprisingly, orange jumpsuits aren't high fashion in Detroit.

It is funny that the #1 is Chauncy... who has since returned to his home town of Denver to play for the Nuggets.

Maybe AI will be the best dressed next year.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some hot girls on page 8! Danny Victor is probably the best dressed of the depicted men.

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kas
Those are some hot girls on page 8! Danny Victor is probably the best dressed of the depicted men.

Beat me to it. I've taken a particular liking to Jennifer Knapp. Not usually into the short haired look but she pulls it off extremely well.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack

Truer words were never spoken.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kas

Agreed, although his barber/stylist should be shot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40