• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Dressed at Oscars?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It would have to be one of our older members, because she's been dead since '84.
Maybe RSS?
RSS is well beyond remembering them all.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he looks nice (i hate to be picky, but the jacket could use some suppression), but i think a tux is really best suited with a watch that is on a black leather strap.

Yes, my preference is for a thin one in yellow or white gold (or platinum, for that matter) on a black strap. However I'm not surprised by Craig's choice of a vintage Daytona; from what I've read he's an avid Rolex collector.

Still not sure how I feel about the turnback cuffs, though. I know they're not technically incorrect, but they seem more at home on a true smoking jacket (so I guess they're most appropriate on a shawl lapel dinner suit). Perhaps this, along with a double are TF details for the season? Craig's suit has this in common with Hanks' and I thought I'd seen speculation that this is where Hanks' came from as well.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

he looks nice (i hate to be picky, but the jacket could use some suppression), but i think a tux is really best suited with a watch that is on a black leather strap.

omegas are fine with a tux. no worries.

how did you like beckhams attire?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clooney got outclassed by T. Hanks this year, but the accessory by his side more than makes up for it:

iGent's Response to This Photo:

"George Clooney may be handsome, talented, rich, popular and have a gorgeous woman at his side, but at least I have the knowledge and good taste to shun a notch-lapel two-button dinner jacket!" (And of course no proper iGent would use the vulgar Americanism "tuxedo.")

Normal Guy's Response:

"Wow, that Stacy Keibler sure is hot!"

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol, yes i know it is, i meant i dont recall what beckham wore. :)

Haha, I thought you were referring to the watch part of that post, in which Craig's watch is erroneously identified as an Omega (Bond's choice) as opposed to a Rolex (Craig's apparent favorite).

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"George Clooney may be handsome, talented, rich, popular and have a gorgeous woman at his side, but at least I have the knowledge and good taste to shun a notch-lapel two-button dinner jacket!" (And of course no proper iGent would use the vulgar Americanism "tuxedo.")
Normal Guy's Response:

I'm such a man's man that I think both of these things.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Normal Guy's Response:

Jan, you forgot the third category...

Conne's Response to this Photo:

"I wonder what it was like to be so close to Rosemary Clooney in her final, best years."

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm such a man's man that I think both of these things.

Do you think Keibler ever develops a sudden fear when she realizes that Clooney's head is twice as large as hers?

They seem to have a Fred and Wilma Flintstone situation.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you think Keibler ever develops a sudden fear when she realizes that Clooney's head is twice as large as hers?
They seem to have a Fred and Wilma Flintstone situation.

I know she does. That's when my consoling charms work their magic.

sborg

Reaction score
Clooney may not have won but that's the last thing he really needs. He already has the prize.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads