best dressed 8-year old ever?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ctrlaltelite, Mar 10, 2009.

1. plotter

plotter Senior member

Arlo has taste, but not style. I think style involves caring about fit, of which he does not give a fuck at all, and high sartorial standards (self-tie ties, waist supression, dress socks). But he does have taste, but with a fuck-it attitude about the fit.

I'll give him credit for the felt bowler hat. Baller.

2. X-Calibre

X-Calibre Senior member

[​IMG]

i wonder how he'd fare in the WAYWT? threads, he's got the idle pose and lack of smiling down pat.

He looks like doctor who. Sure he's wearing crazy clothes, but none of it fits him, so is that good? I think he looks about as happy as one of those dogs their owners dresses up in a bee costume.

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

Dapper, yes, but he looks like a royal dickbag.

He's 8 year old for god's sake. What kind of monsters think this way about little kids?

Did I read that right? I think he said all his ties are clip-on. Either way he looks like a lot of "stylish" guys in that he tries too hard, his outfits cry out for attention

Did you know how to knot a tie when you were 8? I thought so.

And to those people who said his attire guarantees an abnormal childhood, shame on you. I see kids his age in blazers and khakis, in certain occasions, all the time.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I don't know this kid's story, but I hope he's not being dressed by his parent(s) because of some fantasy they have in their head- I hope this is his choice.

5. robasaurus

robasaurus Senior member

Everyone ragging on this kid for looking strange or not caring about fit are insane. He's EIGHT YEARS OLD! He's obviously just having fun with something that he enjoys. Would any of you expect an eight-year-old to understand the intricacies of how a proper suit should fit? Or how to mix and match patterns and colours? It's something he'll learn as he goes.

As for now, I think his style is fun and hilarious in the best possible way. He's a kid and it shows in how he puts his outfits together. I remember playing dress-up in my dad's clothes when I was a kid, and I loved it. Maybe that's why I love clothes so much now. Can we say he's any different? Stop being whiny iGents, and enjoy this kid's style for God's sake.

Also, he has the best name ever. I wish my name were Arlo Weiner.

6. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

i can see this kid growing up to be a real-life chuck bass.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I don't know this kid's story, but I hope he's not being dressed by his parent(s) because of some fantasy they have in their head- I hope this is his choice.
    Sort of like Jon Benet Ramsey?

8. nordicstyle

nordicstyle Senior member

Sports Jacket by Polo Ralph Lauren
    Shirt by Jantzen Tailor, Carlo Riva fabric (My left over)
    Cords from Uniqlo
    Socks from Uniqlo
    Shoes from LV
    Glasses Oliver Peoples

Now I understand why people say it's so expensive to have kids...

9. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

I'm sure he already has a pretty tough skin - what - with the last name wiener and all.

It's Weiner (pr. WINER) not Wiener (pr. WEENER).

This kid looks a little odd to me. No kid that age should care that much about how he dresses.

10. seeclark

seeclark Active Member

Find out his thoughts on politics and maybe we could have a young, liberal answer to Jonathon Krohn.

11. yfyf

yfyf Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

The vitriol against the little chap is a bit surprising. If he can wear those clothes and still behave like any little tyke, I say more power to him. Maybe it is a bit attention grabbing, but if it's this over screaming and yelling and being a bratty pain in the ass, then whatever, little kids need a bit of attention. However, if he is using the clothes as a barrier against social contact, then that's a different story.

Also, the folks saying the fit is lousy for an 8 year old .... wtf?

12. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

It's Weiner (pr. WINER) not Wiener (pr. WEENER).

This kid looks a little odd to me. No kid that age should care that much about how he dresses.

Dooood...in grade school it's Weiner (pr. Four eyes, WEEEEEENER, DICKBAG!...). With that name(and that look) he is going to have a rough ride in the English speaking world. Unfortunately his aggressors won't be put off by continental pronounciation

13. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

found this article exploring the favorite outfits of arlo weiner, the rather dapper 8-year-old son of mad men creator matthew weiner.

some of his fits (and all of his pre-pubescent swagger) may put many SFers to shame. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://men.style.com/gq/features/lan...d=content_8377

Definite cock blocker.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Dude has some badass style. In one of the slideshow photos I think there's a pic of his brother and he seems dressed more typically, so I doubt his parents are forcing him to dress this way, so more power to him. As long as he's happy, it's all cool.

15. Cornellian

Cornellian Senior member

Should we really be evaluating the dress of someone who still pisses his pants?